Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 fold in mirrors on ours?

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  JBakerFX4 
#1 ·
Just a shot here, but is it possible to get the fold in motor from the 08's mirrors and put them on our mirrors? I rather keep our mirrors, just would like them to fold in when I park.

#2 ·
no,why not get the 08 mirrors that is what i did and they are wayyyyyy better than the ones on the older superduty.

#10 ·
4 10mm(i think) nuts you screw off and wham! the mirrors are off. i cant tell ya about the electronics because mine are manual but i think Raul has the power ones. i found the 08's on ebay but i think stealth auto has some too

#13 ·
their are 3 different versions of the mirrors....

all manual found in the XL moel
power mirrors/ defrost XLT

and the optional power fold and extend....

the optional power fold and extend are around 1300+ just for the mirrors.... you would need the switches too and would have to run a lot of wire....

i just have the power mirror/heat option....

its pretty quick install...

-Raul

#14 ·
I like the look of the 08 mirrors, I think the square design compliments the lines of not only the 08's but older models as well. Too bad they are so freakin expensive! shoulda got them when they weren't as popular I guess!

#19 ·
I've put them on 2 trucks. My buddies 07 was the easy one. I'd say it took 3 hrs to do that one but I am anal about wiring so it may not take others as long. My 01 on the other hand was much more involved. I spent a full day on mine. You don't realize how much wiring you have to do just to hook up clearance lights.

All in all it was completely worth it. It is truly a night and day difference on visibility.

#21 ·
Man, those are a lot better. I've never seen a pic from the driver's perspective. The mirrors on ours really do suck. I can't tell you how many times I almost hit somebody on the road that was running right beside me. You have to lean forward to see if somebody is in your blind spot no matter how you adjust the mirrors. I'll have to start saving my pennies for the 08 mirrors.

The powerfold would be really cool, but $1300?? Good lord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.