FOX Shocks.. AGAIN :) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FOX Shocks.. AGAIN :)

Ok guys, so I am finally sick of my truck riding like the back seat of the school bus... So after hearing alot of you guys say that FOX will revalve the shocks for free, I called about 2 minutes ago and was happily please when the woman told me that it is indeed true So now I have to take off all 6 of my shocks and send them to CA (from MN) to have them revalved for a MUCH softer ride I am hoping. My question is, what will my truck ride like without any of the shocks on?? Is it a bad idea to drive my truck like this?? Can I tow my 6,000 lb. trailer like this?? She said right now it will only take like 2 days once they receive the shocks to get them done... Does anybody think this will help the rough ride like I am hoping??? Let me know what you think people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM

Riding on leafs.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 AM

I would not drive the truck I had bad shocks on the back of a truck once I swear the rear jumped over about 2' every bump it was quite uneasy feeling at e way speed. I definitly would not tow, the job of youre shocks is to slow the sespention and prevent spring breakage not just your ace.:w oot:
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 AM

So I guess I should wait til i don't need my truck for a week before I take them off huh??? Damn that really sucks...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 AM

How bad do you need youre truck Pro Comps arnt to exspensive and it might be a good idea to have a set just in case.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Like how expensive are we talking?? I guess I could just have the guy that works for me pick me up for a few days... I just hate not having a vehicle to get anywhere...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
yah dont drive with out shocks not a good idea
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Ok so I just called fox back, and the dude told me now that it COULD take up to a week, when the first lady told me 2 days probably... And he told me that they will only ship them back ground shipping...So I might not have them back until sometime next week...That really sucks...Now I don't know what to do...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You wont hurt your truck by driving it without shocks, unless you hit something. The tires wont have as good of a contact with the road when you hit bumps, debris, etc. So bracking, acceleration, panic maneuvers will be affected. As far as the ride goes after this is done, if they are valved right, you wont ever look back. Fox makes great shocks. I have a set of 6 superlift superride shocks that I took off when I put on my Foxs' if your interested in them, pm me an offer...
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
You wont hurt your truck by driving it without shocks, unless you hit something. The tires wont have as good of a contact with the road when you hit bumps, debris, etc. So bracking, acceleration, panic maneuvers will be affected. As far as the ride goes after this is done, if they are valved right, you wont ever look back. Fox makes great shocks. I have a set of 6 superlift superride shocks that I took off when I put on my Foxs' if your interested in them, pm me an offer...
He was talking towing he can break springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.