TSB's, recalls and warranty... oh my! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TSB's, recalls and warranty... oh my!

Hello everyone,

After becoming the proud owner of a truck that has spent more time away in the shop than at home in the driveway, I've become a little jaded/hesitant on the whole thing. I still have warranty until Feb 13 2009 and would like to ask you knowledgeable guys some questions regarding service history and any recalls/tsb's that this truck may have had.

At first I had asked for an oasis report from the dealership and all they gave me were the build dates and the in service dates on the truck, no other information was available they said.

At this point, I've found out that the 6.0 engine is a 2003 model as the truck's build date was Jan 18 2004 and it has the 2003 sticker on it. After doing some searching on TSB's and recalls and possible issues with this engine, I've become hesitant, though the mileage is low (ish), I'm concerned that none of the issues that became apparent on these engines were addressed. I took my concerns to the dealer and he said that each truck could even be the same build date would have different issues crop up because they were built in different truck plants. I can see the logic, but an absolutely clean bill of health and zero issues on its' history report make me wonder. Did the dealership just not give me the right report?

Things such as the harness fraying (something I just paid out of pocket to fix), the plastic intake tube (the one that says 8.0nM) I read a tsb that said to replace this tube with the one that has 12nM written on it. They just changed that tube with the same 8.0nM one. The list can go on and on and on and I don't want to bore you to death. If there are some tips on how I can approach this issue prior to my warranty being up, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

an oasis report is only good for repairs made in the last six months, anything over that it goes away, so if this is the same truck we discussed before then thats probably why it was in the condition it was in , it was never taken in

there is tsb on just about every concern on a 6.0 there has been , but is only listed as a tsb and not a recall
Old 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yep scuffy, that's right it's the same truck. Gotcha, so should I ask the dealer about these repairs or known problems? Or are you saying, that unless it's a recall, I'm outta luck?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjudas View Post
Yep scuffy, that's right it's the same truck. Gotcha, so should I ask the dealer about these repairs or known problems? Or are you saying, that unless it's a recall, I'm outta luck?

i dont want to say you are out of luck, but ford is resposible for recalls only, as far as tsb's , they are known problems that ford is aware of but every truck isnt effected so no need for a recall , like headgaskets on a 6.0 , that is a known concern, but every truck is not effected by it , but there is a tsb, for diagnosis and repair on the concern, hope all that makes since
Old 10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Should be able to find out if a TSB/recall has been done based off the VIN. Probly need to find a friendly ford parts/service center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.