Blocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blocks

Hey guys,
i have an 07 f250 cc sb with a 2.5" leveling kit. I also have a ranchhand bumper on the front so i thought it would even the truck out pretty well, but the front end still sits higher than the rear. I am either going to put 1" blocks in the rear, or try to find some factory f-350 blocks. What is yalls input on this, and how much would f-350 blocks cost me? Also would i need longer U bolts? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Replacing U-bolts is highly suggested due to the streching of the older ones. What leveling kit are you using?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

the f2350 blocks are 3 and 5/8 where as your stock block are 1 and 5/8. Should cost around 120-150 depending on your ford dealer. You just go to your ford delaer and order them. Since you have a crew cab order the flat blocks; you do not need the blocks that have the five degree taper built in.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most of the kits are blocks and bolts for the rear. On my 06 King Ranch CC Dually I did a 2.5" lift in the front, and wanted to run level when loaded so I did a 4" in the back.... It is new coil pads on the front and that larger sway torsion bar mount, blocks and bigger u-bolts in the back.. And by the way you will need new shocks that extend further.

By the time I added a heavy re-inforced large steel bull bar, and 16.5 Warn Winch, big driving lights and antennae, I thought my coils were a bit weak for the job in heavy going in the Outback of Oz.... So what I did was add a set of Blue Firestone airbags inside the coils. Just a little air pressure, to give them a little firmness.. 25 psi around town, more for more...

All in all the system worked well. But on my new 07 King Ranch, FX4 CC Dually, I am leaving it down. It just got too hard, I could not reach into the bed to get something, my dogs hurt their backs jumping in and out, the dually wheels looked too small in the big dually wheelwell, many disadvantaged just to ride high in pride... I am proud enough with my new King Ranch, and will leave it stock and low....

Hope a help.... Regards for the lone Ranger out on the trail
Old 10-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Emergency Services

If your interested i have the blocks from a f350 and also the u-bolts i think there 15" ill have to double check... the u-bolts are new in box but the blocks are off of a 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.