This sounds ridiculous - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This sounds ridiculous

I was listening to the troubleshooter on 630 KHOW. There was a guest on his show today that said had an insane comment on the 6.0. He says that there is a Ford TSB that says that a 6.0 built from 03-07 are NOT to be towing trailers because they get hot and let ethalene (sp?) fumes in the cab and creating crytals in the eyes of the trucks driver and passengers. The TSB he's talking about is this: 8-3-11.

Anybody ever heard of this? It sounds asinine to me that a DIESEL is not suppose to be towing trailers

I can't find any info on this TSB, and I'm thinking this guy had to of made this up, or he's just off his rocker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
never heard of that
Old 09-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

I guess we're all in trouble!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 PM

so is that why my eye's bleed all the time when im driving
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 PM

I don't believe there is a TSB 08-3-11. There is an 08-11-3 (it does not mention any warning for ethylene):

TSB 08-11-3
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
good thing i took my hitch off
Old 09-26-2008, 11:21 PM

Umm, this guy is smoking crack. LOL Ethylene is in almost everything. It's a hormone in our body. It's used in the plastics industry. It's the precursor to antifreeze coolant in our engines. It's produced by fruits like bananas. It's used as an anesthetic and is completely harmless in small concentrations. The list goes on and on. The only place it could come from in the truck would be the plastics or the coolant. The plastic would have to be on fire or in a chemical bath and the coolant would have to be reverse-oxidized (reduction reaction). I doubt towing a trailer is capable of either.

Last edited by tech10002; 09-26-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i herd the same thing on the radio he is full of Sh!t when i herd that i started to crack up and then when he said that he went out bought a GMC Duramax to tow his trailers i almost died. Personally i don't be leave that GMC are great tow vehicles A stock 6L can out tow a Duramax any day of the week the only thing that a Dmax is good for it to go get groceries from the store No real truck should ride like a old caddy

BTW: i loved the radio hosts' response, They all were thinking was don't we screen the calls before we put them on.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Colorado View Post
i herd the same thing on the radio he is full of Sh!t when i herd that i started to crack up and then when he said that he went out bought a GMC Duramax to tow his trailers i almost died. Personally i don't be leave that GMC are great tow vehicles A stock 6L can out tow a Duramax any day of the week the only thing that a Dmax is good for it to go get groceries from the store No real truck should ride like a old caddy

BTW: i loved the radio hosts' response, They all were thinking was don't we screen the calls before we put them on.
I thought the same thing. The guys from that shop (I don't remember the name of it) were like "I... have never heard of that one". That idiot is going to write a book on this TSB , and how the 6.0 is a POS engine. That should be a comical read, but I wouldn't fund the guys stupidity, so I'll wait to hear from someone else. I still stand by the phrase I have in my sig
Old 09-27-2008, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Umm, this guy is smoking crack. LOL Ethylene is in almost everything. It's a hormone in our body. It's used in the plastics industry. It's the precursor to antifreeze coolant in our engines. It's produced by fruits like bananas. It's used as an anesthetic and is completely harmless in small concentrations. The list goes on and on. The only place it could come from in the truck would be the plastics or the coolant. The plastic would have to be on fire or in a chemical bath and the coolant would have to be reverse-oxidized (reduction reaction). I doubt towing a trailer is capable of either.
I haven't noticed anything wrong with my eyes while hau.....oh my gosh, I can't seeeee!

Like Tech10002 said, even though ethylene IS found in all those things, it's not concentrated enough to do any damage. It's like with steroids; Hormones are found naturally in our bodies but don't do damage because they are not concentrated enough. When people start the juice is when they get in trouble because of the concentration levels. Most people on here have probably been drunk once or twice but it doesn't mean that your liver is going to fail. The people that are alcoholics and get drunk every night are the ones that need to worry. I think ya'll get the drift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.