Few More Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Few More Questions

Hey guys I have a few questions, a little about everything so I thought this would be a good place. I know these ? have been beat to death but tell me what you think. Remember 05 F250 6.0
How much (ballpark) would it cost to get arp headstuds?
Whats the best sounding and bang for the buck exhaust? Is duals worth and make it any better then single?
What do you use the high idle mod for?
Has your upgraded intake made a difference?
Zoodad Good Or Bad for the engine?

Also its hard to find factory 20" worth anything. Called everyone but no one wants to let go of them unless they are in CA.Then the shipping is more then the wheels. Anybody every seen these on a truck ? http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...1007-RA_md.jpg
Also looking for brush guard/bull-bar? Let me know if you have. Sorry to ask all the ? at once but I figured you guys would know. Thanks justin Thanxs, justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Unapologetically American

I don't know an exact number, but I've seen others say they paid 1500-2500 for their studs. My opinion on them is this, don't fix if it ain't broke

I like my ATS exhaust, but it was waaay overpriced, sounds like a big block gasser when I'm WOT

I don't know anything about the high idle mod. Your truck will idle up on its own when its cold, so maybe its for a PTO or something???

IMO, leave your intake stock, and are one of the best filtering systems on the market, and flows enough air for around 500hp.

Zoodad isn't bad for the engine, its a good thing because it will lower your EGT

My neighbor has those wheels on his truck, nice looking, but I'd hate to pay for tires on those 20's. You'll get some other opinions on your questions, but that's what I have for you (there are a lot of good helpful people on this site). LMK if you have anymore.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headstuds are anywere from $3000 to $4000 no warranty. If warrantied $100.
All exhaust systems are pretty much the same. Only difference is the name stamped on it but there is the option of stainless steel or aluminized steel. No difference between single or dual besides looks.
High idle is for when you have a PTO going or if your jump starting a car so you can have the alternator putting out more.
Keep the stock intake.
Zoodad good if your driving in clean conditions but if you are in bad conditions weather wise then no.
Iron Bull Bumpers are the bumpers to get.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the replys guys.
Another question is i hear of some guys swapping their new (05 and up) turbos for the older 03 and 04's why is that?.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Premium Member

the 03 turbos sound wicked
Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
the 03 turbo has 10 veins on the exhaust side, the 04 has 12 and the 05+ has 15, basically the less veins the more whistle you get, it just sounds better and we all love it lol. ive heard some say it boosts higher too so some claim a little performance gain
Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
what year is your truck?

I would try to get a dealer to install them. its easy to strech stock head bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.