Puking Coolant.... AGAIN - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Puking Coolant.... AGAIN

So brought it in the first time and typical crap, they tell me something was wrong with the coolant reservoir cap, and the new fluid max level is the min level on the bottle.... whatever. So obviously it puked again... brought it back and they replaced my EGR cooler, no questions asked. I've been pretty happy with this dealer so far considering I didn't buy the truck from them. I get the truck back and even on the ride home (with the tuning on) I noticed some slight drops of coolant. I finally got to take it out for a long cruise this past weekend and its definitely got some coolant coming out again. Now my dealer already said he'd put the ARP's in for me if it came down to that, so I called to verify that today. I say it's puking coolant again and his repsonse is OK, we'll see if we can get the engineer out here.... Huh? He said they cant touch the heads until an engineer from Ford comes out to look at the truck... What is he/she going to look at? Thankfully my truck is 100% stock other than the programmer. Stock intake, stock exhaust and NO gauges! So once back to stock programming there isn't much they're going to be able to say I'm guessing. If they do, I bought this truck used from another Ford dealer with 14,700 miles on it, so I don't know what the last owner did with it anyways... hopefully I get my studs out of this without issue.

Anyone else had to have the "engineer" come out and check out your truck, I've never heard of this. I should tell the service manager to have the engineer call me so I can have him over for some beers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to Fireman5606
If you are good friends with the tech he can clear out the computer for you before anyone sees it Not sure what kind of programmer you are running but I do know if they look at the right stuff they can find them, even if returned to stock they can tell the computer settings have been changed and they can even tell it was recent. I have never heard of the engineer stuff though...I do know they are supposed to call the district rep for approval on the head gasket replacement....I think that is just because Ford wants to make sure they actually have a head gasket problem because so many of the tech were changing them without that being the problem. Good luck either way....
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman5606 View Post
If you are good friends with the tech he can clear out the computer for you before anyone sees it Not sure what kind of programmer you are running but I do know if they look at the right stuff they can find them, even if returned to stock they can tell the computer settings have been changed and they can even tell it was recent. I have never heard of the engineer stuff though...I do know they are supposed to call the district rep for approval on the head gasket replacement....I think that is just because Ford wants to make sure they actually have a head gasket problem because so many of the tech were changing them without that being the problem. Good luck either way....

I have an SCT as noted in my sig. I was under the impression that putting back to stock left a P0001 code or something which is a battery disconnect, but it is easily cleared by cycling the key 12 times...!?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to Fireman5606
Dunno bout the SCT I have heard they can't find them....ask Scuffy828 he'll know. I know Superchips claims they can't be found...WRONG I am really good frineds with the tech at the local dealership and he showed me one day on my truck...made me real happy we were friends lol. Good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
It will leave a P1000 (or is it P0100, just had a brain hiccup)....anyways, it is OBDII Diagnostics Not Complete....meaning the computer hasn't checked everything yet. Same as a battery disconnect.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Right, but I've heard that this is cleared with 12 cyclings of the key...

DKR, I see you're down to 12.51... bad *** man!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:18 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

That I don't know honestly...I know it'll clear if you just put some miles on it.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKR View Post
That I don't know honestly...I know it'll clear if you just put some miles on it.
How long we talking? I HATE driving this thing stock...
Old 09-24-2008, 06:25 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Stock does suck.

As for miles, I have heard so many different distances (anywhere from 10-100miles), I won't even hazard a guess telling you. Sorry.

As for the dealership IF they see it, just tell them the batts died, or you disconnected them for whatever reason.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Rice Hunter

I agree with Eric. Just drive it as much as you can before returning it to Ford. Ford is having to send it's people out to verify work to be done. So many dealerships have done work that was not really required. Gotta Be Hitting Their Pockets Pretty Deep!!
Wish Ya Well. You should be ok with "stock truck".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.