I WANT HEAD STUDS!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I WANT HEAD STUDS!!

I live in Northern New Jersey. About twenty minutes from NYC. I can't find a dealership that is willing to install head studs. Not even if I pay them? Where do you guys around here go for this? I have even offered cash to several techs, but still nothing. Is there any speed shops that can do this in my area. I want to do this before I have a problem. Please help me. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Creek View Post
I live in Northern New Jersey. About twenty minutes from NYC. I can't find a dealership that is willing to install head studs. Not even if I pay them? Where do you guys around here go for this? I have even offered cash to several techs, but still nothing. Is there any speed shops that can do this in my area. I want to do this before I have a problem. Please help me. Thank You.
Don't do it until you have an issue.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Don't do it until you have an issue.
why not do before he could have a problem, its good insurance
Old 09-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
why not do before he could have a problem, its good insurance
No point in fixing something that isn't broke. I guess what I should have said is don't do studs untill the HG's go or you have the oppertunity. What if he gets the studs pay's $2500 for the job and he really didn't need them. Okay he's got the studs and 2 weeks later the truck gets rearended and totalled or catches on fire? He didn't need studs and now he would be out $2500. Probably won't happen but what if? Or you can have the situation I had. EGR cooler broke. Asked for about studs and they said that would be fine. Well I supplied the studs and now I have a studded motor. I thought I would never have studs but things happened and now I do.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 PM

yes but hes an 04 his warranty is nearly done, i guess i dont get your on not doing it and totaling the truck 2 weeks later, couldn't you say that for any mod if you lived on that theory ?

crystal creek, are you looking to get it under warranty, or just looking to get it done out of pocket
Old 09-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
yes but hes an 04 his warranty is nearly done, i guess i dont get your on not doing it and totaling the truck 2 weeks later, couldn't you say that for any mod if you lived on that theory ?

crystal creek, are you looking to get it under warranty, or just looking to get it done out of pocket
Not necessarly. Headstuds are pricey if not warranty and are stuck in the motor if the truck is totalled. Now wheels, stereo's, programmers, gauges can simply be removed if the truck is totalled.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
i went to causeway ford in manhawkin exit 63 i believe..rt 72. they did mine, no problems at all. I didnt actually have stretched head bolts but since my cooler was bad they just replaced anyways. try them. dont drop my name though. i had a not so nice words with the head tech over an sct and a banks.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Rice Hunter

Quote:
No point in fixing something that isn't broke. I guess what I should have said is don't do studs untill the HG's go or you have the oppertunity. What if he gets the studs pay's $2500 for the job and he really didn't need them. Okay he's got the studs and 2 weeks later the truck gets rearended and totalled or catches on fire? He didn't need studs and now he would be out $2500. Probably won't happen but what if? Or you can have the situation I had. EGR cooler broke. Asked for about studs and they said that would be fine. Well I supplied the studs and now I have a studded motor. I thought I would never have studs but things happened and now I do.
Ease Up Dad!! Don't worry!! Kids are kids and it's his hard earned money.
Haven't most of us done mods we really didn't need
I Like The added Insurance Also!! Think Dad....... It could cost ya more later! Warped or Cracked Heads Maybe
Not beating on ya pop ....... Be Cool ...... Be Happy ...... Life is Too Short
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I'm close to crying after reading this. I love my truck and hope nothing you mentioned ever happens I want the studs as preventitive insurance. I tow VERY heavy loads up the thruway and dont want a problem. I am willing to pay out of pocket. Truck runs great, but as my warrenty runs to an end, there are things that need to be taken care of. After studs, EGR needs a one way ticket out of town.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Warranty would be great, but I'm willing to pay. I just need to find a place. I really wanted ford to do it as they are experienced with cab lifting and the engines them selves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.