factory buy back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
factory buy back

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever looked into buying a factory buyback truck, or has bought one? Im looking at buying a 2005 F-250 fx4 crew with leather, it has 19,982 miles, Asking price is $21,995.The reason its a buy back is b/c of a PCM failure, Its at a ford dealer here in socal and the dealer bought it from ford, as matter of fact they buy and sell alot of factory buy backs. They told me its covered by a 5 year 100k mile powertrain war. and a 2 year 100k bumper to bumper by ford. Now for the ugly, its a Factory buy back there for its a lemon law vehicle. I know that would turn anyone away but I just wanted some input to see what u guys think.

thanks, are_mud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check it out good, doubt that just a pcm failure would of been cause for a buyback. Usually has to be a pretty bad scenario for a buyback to occur.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
yah get an oasis report... it will show everything that has been done to the truck...

where in socal is this dealership?

i may be getting another truck and something like this wont shy me away
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

this is some of info i found on the recall/repurchase

Just some info i found online,

So many 6.0 L Power Stroke engines were proven to be unreliable, and may have cost Ford hundreds of millions of dollars in warranty repairs and leading to a recall and repurchase of at least 500 trucks. The major problem with the Navistar diesel engines is damage resulting from aftermarket modifications to the engine or its operating computer. There were initial quality challenges which Ford and Navistar have rectified. The reliability of the later 6.0L engines, after the dealership technicians were fully trained on the product, has been very good. Some early problems were disastrous, requiring total engine replacement. There were also minor problems resulting from the unreliable variable-vane turbocharger solenoid, EGR valve carbon deposit clogging/sticking, defective Exhaust Pressure (EP) sensor/connector, numerous PCM (Powetrain Control Module) recalibrations, fuel injector harness chafing/crushing and other minor driveability and QC issues. As with competitive engine products offered by GM and Dodge, the 6.0L suffered from an inability to conform to the new Federal diesel emissions standards which took effect on January 1, 2007. There were many running changes to the engine and in the 2006 year model the 6.0 had the lowest rate of warranty claims across the board for Ford Motor Company when compared to all of Ford's gas and diesel engines.

Last edited by are_mud; 09-15-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh yea, The truck comes with all the paper work from Ford with all the info about what was done to it and why. They told me its legal paperwork ford has to present and include in the sale.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Premium Member

Get the VIN and try and get the info on why the truck was a buy-back before you purchase it. Take some pics of it with your almighty iPhone too. Then post it all here.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

vin. 1FTSW21P75EA92927
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
try and get an 06 then
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What dealer is it at? I'm not gonna snake it from you because I already have a 6.0 but just want to know if I know that truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.