Fmoto Drain Valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fumoto Drain Valve

I have seen quite a few sigs that have the Fumoto Drain Valve listed. Are they a quality item? Anyone had any problems with leaks? Where is the best place to get one? Thinking about getting one but would like some feedback first. Appreciate any info in advance.

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 09-13-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I remember someone mentioning that once they installed the fumoto, that it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to drain the oil. It sounds awesome from a convenience stand point, but I wouldn't want it to take much (if any) longer to drain my oil. Maybe someone who has actual experience with it can chime in...
Old 09-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check out this write up i did awhile back.....
Fumoto oil drain valve install
and it does not take along time to drain, remeber it has 16 quarts, that is 4 gallons!!
i cant remember if i take the oil filter off first then drain it.....*scratches head* anyways, get the F111N (n-has nipple to add hose for drainage) i need to change mine in the next week, if i can find this thread i will post the info.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM

It doesn't take that long to drain the oil.

I have the valve with the nipple. I put a short piece of 3/8" tubing on it and drain it into old 1 gallon oil jugs from the previous oil change. No biggie, makes it easy, clean and fast.

Buy it.

Al
Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 PM

I've thought about getting one of those but just the fact it hangs down and has a vavle scares me. I'm worried that it would get caught on something or leak. But then again I don't change my oil.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Rice Hunter

I've had mine over a year now and have done 4 drain with ease. I place a 5 gallon bucket under drain with funnel. Change oil filter and oil has already drained. No Problems Here! I would do it again. Purchased mine off eBay.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Premium Member

I think I got mine off Dieselsite.com, yes it does drain a little slower but its def not forever. The ease and cleanliness totally outweighs the mess I used to make having to loosen a hot drain plug, and putting a new crush ring every time. You could literally fill right into gallon jugs like a beer tap without mess. 2 thumbs up for the little things in life that make it so much easier.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBLUE View Post
I think I got mine off Dieselsite.com, yes it does drain a little slower but its def not forever. The ease and cleanliness totally outweighs the mess I used to make having to loosen a hot drain plug, and putting a new crush ring every time. You could literally fill right into gallon jugs like a beer tap without mess. 2 thumbs up for the little things in life that make it so much easier.
Thats what I do, drain directly into 4- 1gal jugs, change the filter, done deal, oil changes are a breeze.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:36 AM

I've had mine for about a year. No problems with leaks. I bought the nipple type as well but don't even use the hose. It pours straight down nice and clean. I don't miss cleaning up the mess after and oil change. I actually bought it to make getting the oil sample for oil testing easier but after I got it now I have it on all of my vehicles.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned

I do have one on the wifes Subaru and it is nice.
Ordered one for the Sprinter van but did NOT put it in because the threads were an awful lot shorter than the stock plug, roughly 1/2 the length of the plugs threads, made me uncomfortable.
On the Jetta TDI the threads were longer than stock and it was obvious that the valve would dam oil in the pan, yes it was a small amount but the valve still would not allow a complete drain.

Now, with regard to the Powerstroke, could someone tell me how the thread length of the valve compares to the pan plug?
Having these valves makes an awful lot of sense to me and the installation has been approved by many car makers, Subaru for one. I wouldn't worry about failure, millions are in use world wide, and so long as the valve nipple, if you get that model, does not extend below any steel framing you have no worries, in fact I cannot see how it would be a problem even if the nipple extended somewhat below any framing-except on vehicles seeing extreme offroad use, and even then, the pan and various other critical parts would take hits anyway.

I am of the opinion that having the valve is more reliable than taking out the plug on a routine basis (for those who do not use a torque wrench), when everything else seems proper the only concern I have is not being able to use a torque wrench on the valve and not having a torque value for the valve.

They make changing oil alot easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.