Going Stock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Going Stock

Hate to say it but I have to go stock. I made another appointment to try and get the shake, miss, studder out of my truck. When I made the appointment I talked to the tech that should be doing the work, and he wanted me to go back to stock and drive for a couple of days so it could reset all the ready codes. Is this really needed? I was just going to do it the morning before I took it to them. But I do want to make it as easy as possible for them to fix it, I'm tired of having this porblem that the local dealers can't pin point.

Any input would be great thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
HAH i did that a few days ago. atleast yours is a 6.0 and is faster than my stock 7.3! i felt like i was driving a damn toyota or somethin!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
HAH i did that a few days ago. atleast yours is a 6.0 and is faster than my stock 7.3! i felt like i was driving a damn toyota or somethin!
I hate going stock When I bought my SCT and guages the SCT came first and I couldn't wait to try it out. So after I installed my guages I went stock just see the numbers. I was trying to talk a friend to "FIXING" his truck. He took mine for a spin durning lunch and was im more shock that I was.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
hahah! yeahhhh. mines just got the bully dog in it but its still faster than stock! it was gettin horrible haha. and now id have to weld the peddle to the floor to try and get to speed if i went stock
Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM

You're lucky to have a dealer that doesn't care about the tuner. The one I have to go to complains about an exhaust.

The computers they use to diagnose the truck assume stock PCM parameters. Having aftermarket programming on there when they try to diagnose could cause all kinds of problems. I don't know why the emissions readiness tests being complete would really make any difference, but for the previous reason alone, I'd put it back to stock.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
You're lucky to have a dealer that doesn't care about the tuner. The one I have to go to complains about an exhaust.

The computers they use to diagnose the truck assume stock PCM parameters. Having aftermarket programming on there when they try to diagnose could cause all kinds of problems. I don't know why the emissions readiness tests being complete would really make any difference, but for the previous reason alone, I'd put it back to stock.
I've heard something along the line as that, but do I have to drive around for a couple of days? Stock suck. EGT's are all around higher, not to mention the massive power loss.

FYI I'm out of warrenty And the tech's at my local dealers could care less after that, a couple even thought I made the right move as to getting SCT.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The tech wants to see if your truck will throw codes in stock mode. Doesn't really make much difference if you're not in warranty anyway. Reflashing to stock and driving for a few days will give the truck a chance to throw the codes, but IMHO I'd rather have it read before you reflash it to stock, just in case it's a crapped out injector. Have you tried reading it with the SCT (which is basically worthless for a DTC reader anyway)?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
The tech wants to see if your truck will throw codes in stock mode. Doesn't really make much difference if you're not in warranty anyway. Reflashing to stock and driving for a few days will give the truck a chance to throw the codes, but IMHO I'd rather have it read before you reflash it to stock, just in case it's a crapped out injector. Have you tried reading it with the SCT (which is basically worthless for a DTC reader anyway)?
I've never had codes pre/post SCT. But I did just take alittle drive stock.

Keep in mind this was about 1 1/2 hours arter getting home from work so she is still mostly warm.

Pull out of the hood. Frist accelleration to 50 mph got lots of turbo bark at about 45 mph, went away quickly then a big lag in power. I held peddel the same, came back to normal held 50 came to a stop. Second accelleration to 50 mph same thing. Thirid acceleration to 60 mph same thing with a little less power loss. Drove to get some Jack a couple miles away parked.

Jumped back in drove home the same route, drove like a stock PSD. Minor shacking, surging as always.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:50 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like EGR valve problem to me. Have you pulled it and cleaned it lately?? Carb. cleaner only please.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Cleaned it 4th July weekend, and checked it agian after I went back stock still clean. I have it programed shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.