Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cat delete and warrenty

666 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  NotStock 
#1 ·
I called the dealer the other day and they told me that removing my cat will void my warrenty. Is this correct? I was under the assumption that removing the cat would only void any work on emission parts. Any input would help. I throw a P2285 code the other day.

#3 ·
The dealer I called was chino hills ford, but i would probably take the truck in at citrus ford in ontario. Do you know of any dealers that would look pass no cat?

#5 ·
Did you hollow the factory cat or remove it completly? The reason, I ask is that tampering with an emission control device on a street driven vehicle is breaking a federal law. Do I care or have one on my truck, nope. And couldnt care less, just see it as a big thing that the dealership might make out of it. With some grounds "legally" to stand on.

#7 ·
I removed it completely and did my own 4" straight pipe. I will probably reattach the cat when i go into the dealer.

#8 ·
My truck was well outside warrenty so I didnt care and just removed it completly. You might consider, breaking out the inside of the cat and then running a straight pipe throught the inside of it (this will prevent an interuption in airflow). Thus making it look like your cat is still there, but getting you the performance gains, etc that you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.