Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help ASAP

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  GGOODMAN 
#1 ·
:confused:Drag link end and inpection help. I think i need to replace mine and i'm supposed to be leaving tomorow i can fix thin i knoe i just need a little guidence. where can i get another end at what else do i need to inspect for more problems?

#2 ·
What makes you think it is bad or in need of being replaced. You can get a drag link at Autozone or other big autoparts store. But after replacing it you should have an alignment done.

#3 ·
the connection that connects to the Pitman arm is making a knock and alot of visual movement when you turn the wheel. the bolt is still secure in the pitman arm the movement is in the base where the stud is pressed into the drag link end. Why would i need an allignment this has no controll over pitch or camber of the wheels that would be the tie rod and cams right?

#9 ·
the connection that connects to the Pitman arm is making a knock and alot of visual movement when you turn the wheel. the bolt is still secure in the pitman arm the movement is in the base where the stud is pressed into the drag link end. Why would i need an allignment this has no controll over pitch or camber of the wheels that would be the tie rod and cams right?
???? The tie rod does not connect to the pitman arm?? :dunno:

#4 ·
A full alignment would measure your camber, caster and toe. If you change the draglink and tighten everything up, you RISK the chance of your toe being off. :thumb:

#8 ·
Unless there is a difference between the 04 and 06 there is no need for an alignment just because you replace the drag link. The toe is adjusted by a completely different bar. The worst that can happen is that your steering wheel is off and if you can replace the drag ling you can fix the steering wheel.

#6 ·
You have to replace the whole bar .. should be at your auto parts store !

#14 ·
If your drag link is wore out, most likely your tie rod ends are wore out too. I suggest you replace all of them. Then have an alignment done.

#17 ·
I would inspect the entire system as they have said. One failed part often leads to others. If it trully is the only part that needs replacing, there is no need for an alignment. For some reason, some people just enjoy spending money aimlessly I guess. You can easily adjust the rod to the proper length so that your steering wheel is centered. Takes all of about 30 minutes and couple test drives. No reason to take it to shop, unless your the type that has difficulty checking your air pressures correctly... sarcasm intended

#18 ·
Nope if i can install a lift on it, and rebuild the turbo, this should be a sinch. this weekend I'll inspect the rest of the ends and joints. As im only 24 i dont yet have the funds to go spending money aimlessly. thanks for the help gentlemen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.