I have looked and can't find it?????????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have looked and can't find it??????????

First and foremost thinks for the advise! Like I have said before I am all new to the diesel thing so once again I need some help. I have looked and looked for a plug on my 05 F350 and cant find it. Can anyone tell me where this thing is located so when cold weather comes I can find it? Also I have another question. Everyone is telling me to get gauges first, I know I need three right EGT, Boost and ???. By the way my truck has a factory boost gauge is it not right or is it just better to have another. Also are the gauges hard to install? Thanks A Bunch!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

passenger side, either tucked in behind the bottom left corner of the grill.....or just to the left of the passengers side front tow hook

for the other question:

The stock boost is close enough(mine is dead on),..unless you are gonna go all out and build a race truck\

Gauges are pretty straight forward to install,...just read the instructions that come with them.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

where are u at, your truck might need the cord from the heater depending on where its from
Old 08-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

There is a chance that your truck doesn't have a block heater installed which is why you can't find the plug. My '04 didn't have one and I was told that not all trucks come from the factory with a block heater. They only cost about $35 IIRC if yours doesn't have it. If you search the old threads there was a discussion on here about them a while back.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Here's a good link with pics for what's involved in installing the standard gauges on a 6.0:
Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke

If you don't do boost and need another gauge to fill a 3-4 gauge A-pillar pod, Fuel Pressure and Voltmeter would be nice. Or Oil Temp, Water Temp, etc..
Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsay1150 View Post
First and foremost thinks for the advise! Like I have said before I am all new to the diesel thing so once again I need some help. I have looked and looked for a plug on my 05 F350 and cant find it. Can anyone tell me where this thing is located so when cold weather comes I can find it? Also I have another question. Everyone is telling me to get gauges first, I know I need three right EGT, Boost and ???. By the way my truck has a factory boost gauge is it not right or is it just better to have another. Also are the gauges hard to install? Thanks A Bunch!!!
Look behind the passenger front tire on the frame rail. You should see a wire loom running down the frame with clips every few inches. If there is no wireloom, you don't have the cord. To my knowledge, all the trucks came with the block heater but not all came with the cord.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM

I found my block heater plug stuffed into the top of passenger side headlight bracket.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsay1150 View Post
Here are some pics of what you should see. It is the black cord with the grey clips attached to it which clip into the frame.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Jon

Plug

Only northern trucks came with the plug after '04 or '05. They all have the block heater just not the plug.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch dhanna6! I will take a look tomorrow when I get a chance and repost what I found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.