2007 emissions (DPF) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2007 emissions (DPF)

I got a 2007 f-250 CC 6.0 i was wondering if the DPF was started on the 08 model trucks or was it sooner. Also i was talking with a local garage about exhaust and he told me not to put an aftermarket exhaust on ( i was gonna go with a MBRP 4' pipe from the turbo back ) because soon all diesels would have to adhere to the new emissions standard and that all diesels would get the ol sniffer test and i would be having to change it back anyway. anybody got any say so or advice about this. should i just put an exhaust on or stick with stock. dont want to be wasting the money if i gotta switch it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,314
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your 07 just has a cat, no DPF. They only put those on 08+ Fords. I'm not sure what your mechanic is smoking, but the emissions regs only apply to vehicles made on or after the time the law is passed.

An MBRP turbo back exhaust is perfectly legal and will continue to be. Now, if you remove the cat, you won't be emissions compliant, but if you're in a place that checks, just use a delete pipe 364 days (or 365 in a leap year) a year and stick the cat back in the other day when you have it inspected.

Last edited by tech10002; 08-23-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Your 07 just has a cat, no DPF. They only put those on 08+ Fords. I'm not sure what your mechanic is smoking, but the emissions regs only apply to vehicles made on or after the time the law is passed.

An MBRP turbo back exhaust is perfectly legal and will continue to be. Now, if you remove the cat, you won't be emissions compliant, but if you're in a place that checks, just use a delete pipe 365 days a year and stick the cat back in the other day when you have it inspected.


wow, ever year is a leap year....lol....


I run a turbo back on my truck and its fine....the next step is the EGR delete....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,556
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feroskastroke View Post
I got a 2007 f-250 CC 6.0 i was wondering if the DPF was started on the 08 model trucks or was it sooner. Also i was talking with a local garage about exhaust and he told me not to put an aftermarket exhaust on ( i was gonna go with a MBRP 4' pipe from the turbo back ) because soon all diesels would have to adhere to the new emissions standard and that all diesels would get the ol sniffer test and i would be having to change it back anyway. anybody got any say so or advice about this. should i just put an exhaust on or stick with stock. dont want to be wasting the money if i gotta switch it back.
come here from now on for any of your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,314
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
wow, ever year is a leap year....lol....


I run a turbo back on my truck and its fine....the next step is the EGR delete....
Smarta$$. LOL I fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Smarta$$. LOL I fixed it.

lol....I caught it and had to call you on it...sorry....glad to see you have a sense of humor about it though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors