Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift

Hello everybody I just picked up a 04 6.0 which I was told was the last year for the leaf springs in the front. I want to put an 8" with 38" tires on it. I know someone selling a set of mickey thompson classic II's with 38's on them for 1200 bucks. I was told to get a fabtech lift where is the best place to buy this 8" lift? Do they lift prices online or is it something only a fabtech dealer can tell me? Do you guys recommend any other lifts? If so where can I find the kits online. Please post url's. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
a truck

Here check out this link this is the list of all the lifts you can get for you truck you can click on any of them to check them out. this is where I got my lift from
Top Gun Customz - 99-04 Ford Super Duty 4 Wheel Drive
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
top gun customz is where i got mine at...best prices anywhere i shopped around for a while...make sure you call to verify it though, when i ordered mine they had the wrong phone number wrong address and messed up my last name on it so i wouldnt of got it if i didnt call
Old 08-21-2008, 05:25 PM

For a 04 I'd recommend an Icon system. It will give you the best ride, 100% made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty.

We currently have a 10% off sale on all Icon systems that is applied during checkout.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2000-2004 FSD 8 inch All Spring Suspension System - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

I have an Icon 8.5" on my 01 (combination of 4" front springs with 4.5" hanger and shackle) riding on 38/15.50R20s:

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:00 PM
a truck

Thats a sick truck DC
Old 08-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That is a pretty sweet truck.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 AM

I got an 8" lift on my 04 with 37's and they rub once in a while on the front bumper area since i changed to TOYO's so make sure you have plenty of clearance. Here is an old pics with the old 37's

Last edited by JAVA JOE; 08-22-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:32 PM

nice trucks. Do you have any better pictures Java Joe? Also what kind of lift is that? Thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
For a 04 I'd recommend an Icon system. It will give you the best ride, 100% made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty.

We currently have a 10% off sale on all Icon systems that is applied during checkout.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2000-2004 FSD 8 inch All Spring Suspension System - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

I have an Icon 8.5" on my 01 (combination of 4" front springs with 4.5" hanger and shackle) riding on 38/15.50R20s:

Let me know if you have any questions.
Listen to this guy.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:13 PM

Keldermnan air is nice, fabtech leaf kits are nice, as are superlift, Icon(formerly DR) are sweet, Pro comp are good and a good value. I manage a retail 4x4 shop that sold all but the kelderman and DR products, I chose ProComp for my 04 after selling installing, driving, and most importantly warrantying various parts from these companies(Kelderman and Icon excluded). I had less warranty returns and much less hassle with procomp, but all are good products so look carefully at the differences and choose what best suits your needs and intended use. The 1 kelderman system that I helped install on an 04sd had a carrier bearing drop that did not fit right, but all of the other brackets and links fit right up and were very stout. Icon kits use a combination of hangers and leaf springs to give lifts of 8"+ that ride much better than a spring only lift of similar height,(ie4.5"hanger+4"leafs for 8.5"total verses procomp 2"hanger+6.5"leaves for 8.5, rear lift methods have several choices from most manufacturers, choose carefully if you still wish to tow and haul heavy loads. Of the really tall lifts Kelderman retains the most load capacity due to its heavy duty airbags and semitruck derived components. PS; do not under any circumstances buy anything from TruckinSuspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.