Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

To the 6.0 owners

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Speedyboy487 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's a nice truck for the right price... Heck, I owe 10 grand more on mine than they are asking for that truck.:( If the oasis comes back good I'd say go for it. It obviously already has exhaust and a volant intake. Sell the banks that comes with it and get yourself and SCT, some gauges and you'll have a great running truck.

#3 ·
I agree with Kurt. Looks like a good truck at a great price. I bought a 6.0 and have no regrets whatsoever:thumb:

#4 ·
you will be very happy with it, just get ride of the egr and do head studs you will stop the few problems before they happen. 6.0s are hot rods with a few mods.

#5 ·
05 and up seem to be the better years. Somethings fishy about that one. Awefully low price for an 06..........

#7 ·
Nice truck for the money. Low miles, Good looks and the wonderful 6.0L.
I have an 04 and love it.

Lived in the South all my life and I do know our Vehicles are well sot after, For the simple fact it does not snow down here, No snow no salt, No salt no rust.
But I am sure only being 2 years old it should be fine.

#8 ·
looks good man... u still have the warranty until 2011 too. i've used my warranty 2 major times now. schweet truck. now that u have 2 u can soup up one or the other :thumb:

#10 ·
Got my 04 about a year and a half ago and love it. First bought it cause diesel was cheaper........ that didnt last long.
Had my friend run an oasis and it came back clean as a whistle. Very minor warranty stuff (chrome on the bumper)
Runs great you will love it (im just skeered to mod it)

#11 ·
Looks nice. However... with a turbo exhaust and cold air intake, it's hard to think the prev. owner didn't also put a tuner on it. And I sure didn't seen an exhaust temp gauge anywhere in the inside photos. Maybe it didn't have a tuner, but that does stand out as a bit of a red flag, especially if you're buying it sight unseen.

My 06 KR was box stock when I got it, has been very reliable for me.

#12 ·
Looks like an awsum deal on a great looking truck. I think these fuel prices have a lot scared and with this economy going nutz folks are loosing their azz. His Loss is Your Gain
Hopefully. Oasis For Sure!!

#13 · (Edited)
I think the worm will turn for us with a little time fella's. With the Domestics shutting down truck plants there will be a shortage of our beauties. Laws of supply and demand will bring the prices back up. Just watch...........I paid $17,000 for my beauty earlier this summer. She has every factory option from what I can see with the exception of a block heater. I had to drive down to GA to pick her up but it was worth getting a rust free truck.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Oasis came back pretty good. Went back to the dealer twice. Once to get the tires rebalanced and Once because the egr cooler was leaking. My cousin might end up buying it now. I told him go for it. And that last pic shows the book for a banks power pda. Not sure if that comes with it but that would have to go. Get some custom tunes.

Cust Comments: CUST ST THERE IS A VIBRATION ON HIGHWAY
Tech Comments: NVH DIAG ROADTESTED CHECKED ALL TIRE RUNOUTS REBALANCE TIRES RECHECK O

Cust Comments: INSPECT UNIT WHITE SMOKE POSSIBLE EGR COOLER
Tech Comments: VERIFY SMOKING CHECKED EGR COOLER FOUND LEAKING AND HOLE REPLACED PERFORMED TSB FOR EGR VALVE 06196 NEC TO REPLACE EGR VALVE ROAD TEST

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.