trucks been at dealer for 7 weeks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
trucks been at dealer for 7 weeks

well 7 weeks ago coming home tow haul light started to flash. so i came in got on the computer found it was a tranny so i called the dealer in the morning the said bring it and we will take a look at it and did not take a look until 3 1/2 weeks later. took the pan off found shaving and said it was getting stuck in drive and the clutch plates must be fried. so they requested a reman tranny ford said no we are sending a rep out and the rep said no and had to take the tranny out and dismantle it and label every part that there is something wrong with. then i stopped by 2 weeks later and went out back and looked at my truck and there were wires hanging out of the back door and they were my dvd player wires. went in and they called the cops somebody stole my dvd player and trucks a mess. the battery's were disconnected and i think the doors were left unlocked. still no word on when they are going to start working on it and ford is the one that is really holding this up they said no to a reman what can i do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
man that sucks. id be mad beyond mad. dealerships dont understand the need for peoples vehicles. my 02 has been in the dealership for a month for them to try and figure out why it shuts off at a 1/2 tank (still dont know some input would be great ) and then they figured out they couldnt do anything. dealerships these days..
Old 08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

I got upset just hearing this. Here is a bump.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Omg. I'd be livid. I'd take this sky high, channel 7, 8 and 9 action for me and you. I'd be looking for a high up at Ford my friend.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
yeah i agree with jbaker. a month for me was bad but still 7 weeks is horrible.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
man that sucks. id be mad beyond mad. dealerships dont understand the need for peoples vehicles. my 02 has been in the dealership for a month for them to try and figure out why it shuts off at a 1/2 tank (still dont know some input would be great ) and then they figured out they couldnt do anything. dealerships these days..
Your fuel gauge is probably off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
yeah i agree with jbaker. a month for me was bad but still 7 weeks is horrible.
My truck has been in for 7 weeks before. The first 5 it sat and batterys went dead then a call from my dad who also pays the bills got them motivated. Usually its the service writer that holds things up. The one that wrote up my truck when it sat for 7 weeks is no longer at Ford.

Last edited by 2005F250; 08-17-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM

Ford doesn't care. I tried to complain about the dealer I took my truck to, and they never even bothered contacting me back. They had my truck for over 2 weeks before they did anything and then didn't fix the problem. Mine had that loud moaning noise coming from the exhaust, and their techs weren't even smart enough to pull the TSB that mentions it. I found it on the internet. Even after I brought a copy of the TSB in, they still wouldn't do the procedure to repair it. I ended up just replacing the exhaust with aftermarket, and the noise went away. My other problem was extremely poor fuel economy.

While trying to get them to fix my problem, I talked with the service manager and dealer owner, and the owner actually told me they wouldn't do any diagnostics for poor fuel economy because the trucks aren't rated from the factory. He then said that since I didn't buy the truck from him, why would he help me. He was a total ***. My fuel economy issue ended up being a stuck EGR valve. I cleaned the carbon out myself, and all was fine.

I've been through similar situations with my mom's brand new van too. It had a hesitation and sticking throttle. The dealer actually told me they were supposed to hesitate--that it was part of the adaptive fuzzy logic electronic throttle. Well, I fixed it myself. The throttle plate was sticking because of a burr. I filed it off, and it's fine now. It really sucks when you have to fix brand new vehicles yourself.

I feel your pain, and I hope you get it worked out.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM

I would find an aggressive lawyer and tell him your story.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tollen17
That just pisses me tf off badly!!!! sorry about your sorry azz Ford dealer Man try to keep from going to them. Even if it's covered under your warranty they will Wiesel out of it. Your better off going to a good shop where they will talk to you.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 AM

I'd get a lawyer even if it cost you money in the end, just as a principal behind the matter. That's the kind of feller I am... Principal first, money 2nd. Get a lawyer and contact your local news action depts. Don't look stupid and start cursing and looking like trailer trash though.

And yes it's sad we can pull TSB's, print them, and know WTF is wrong with the truck and fix it ourselves but the dealer has it for 2wks and can't figure a dang thing out. F'n sad. I never put much stock in warrantys. Like my old man says.. they warranty stupid stuff, like frame rails and things that never break lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.