Dropped Truck off at Dealer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dropped Truck off at Dealer

Dropped it off this Sat. Told the service writer I had a vibration issue on the rear betwen 45-48 MPH. Also told him the A/C doesn't blow all that freezing cold. We'll see what they do. I want the TSB's done to correct both these issues, not some half hazard shim your carrier BS and the A/C is fine, yet ford has a new Drier part #. They'll be looking at it tomorrow (monday). So we shall see... I'm actually kinda uptight about people touching my truck, and worried what kind of answer they might give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
hope fopr the best bud!!! a quick proper fix....
Old 08-18-2008, 02:59 PM

Ok, dealer called me today around 10am. Said the cause of my 45-48mph Vibration in the rear was my Tires are "bad". and the tech thinks he felt a lil vibe upfront too so all 4 tires need replaced, but they're out of warranty (14,xxx miles on truck) LMFAO!!!Little did he know another dealer force balanced and installed them for me new after I ditched my 35's 2 months/500miles ago!! What a crock. I gave him the TSB # and they said they'd look into. I called them back about 4 hrs later and they're ordering the parts to do the TSB, but he still thinks my tires are bad. It's the same vibe I had on my factory AT/S's, my 35" Procomps and this new set of AT/S's. With or w/out lift... still have the 45-48mph vibe. What a crock, can you believe it... my tires? lol. I didn't even bring the A/C work up, nor did they mention it. Oh the crap they pull. I normally side with the dealer, but I've never had one like this pulled on me. Service writer probably saw a 25yr old "kid" in his eyes with a brand new truck and thought I was a rich idiot probably. Little does he know... I've been out in dealership bays and bought my own truck and have some ASE's.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 08-18-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Update: Picked truck up today. They did the TSB. HUGE dampner mounted on the LR of the trailer hitch. Looks like they drilled 3 holes in the hitch. Results; vibration is much better, but not 100%. Overall MUCH MUCH better. Glad I did it. Looks like the guy did a good job... it's square, and he even painted the bolts with blk paint. And the alignment dimple in the center is centered.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Ok, dealer called me today around 10am. Said the cause of my 45-48mph Vibration in the rear was my Tires are "bad". and the tech thinks he felt a lil vibe upfront too so all 4 tires need replaced, but they're out of warranty (14,xxx miles on truck) LMFAO!!!Little did he know another dealer force balanced and installed them for me new after I ditched my 35's 2 months/500miles ago!! What a crock. I gave him the TSB # and they said they'd look into. I called them back about 4 hrs later and they're ordering the parts to do the TSB, but he still thinks my tires are bad. It's the same vibe I had on my factory AT/S's, my 35" Procomps and this new set of AT/S's. With or w/out lift... still have the 45-48mph vibe. What a crock, can you believe it... my tires? lol. I didn't even bring the A/C work up, nor did they mention it. Oh the crap they pull. I normally side with the dealer, but I've never had one like this pulled on me. Service writer probably saw a 25yr old "kid" in his eyes with a brand new truck and thought I was a rich idiot probably. Little does he know... I've been out in dealership bays and bought my own truck and have some ASE's.
Its a $45K truck not a $200K sports car. There are gonna be some issues. If you had my truck you would have probably sold it buy now and gotton a Chevy. And the tires might be out of balance or they could possibly be bad.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Update: Picked truck up today. They did the TSB. HUGE dampner mounted on the LR of the trailer hitch. Looks like they drilled 3 holes in the hitch. Results; vibration is much better, but not 100%. Overall MUCH MUCH better. Glad I did it. Looks like the guy did a good job... it's square, and he even painted the bolts with blk paint. And the alignment dimple in the center is centered.
Can you post a pic of the dampner?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:22 PM

I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's light out. As for my tires that have 500 miles... Truck so silky smooth at every speed except 40-50 range. 45-48 specifically. But the dampner elimintated 50% of the vibe I'd say. Good enough now. I'm happy. I'm also eyeing a set of Centramatics...which should help in the tire dept.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I built up a 97 and It is nowhere near smooth, theres vibration but it used to be alot worse. I hunted down the gremlins myself with help from the ORG and decided what work needed to be done. It was pretty tuff because I knew nothing about vehicles when I first bought my truck. I like the ruff ride, i see it as the nature of the beast but then again i got a 97 IFS front with swampers. I think all the gremlins are worth it. lifes to short not to have a nice truck
Old 08-20-2008, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
i agree. lifes to short. drive what you want and how you want to.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 AM

Well I built a early 90's 4runner and everything from the frame down was custom fab'd in the driveway. Chevy Dana 44 front axle, Rear leaf swap, 3" gas tank lift, 2.5" engine/trans lift, CV rear driveshaft setup, custom hybrid front shaft, Detroits F&R etc. That truck would do 90mph w/out any vibes and wheel some of the hardest spots in FL and was my daily driver that got 15/19. Just shows you that vibes can be fixed and it's not hard. and smooth is enjoyable. especially peoples reaction b/c they figured it drove like a bucket of bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.