New mods for my "Fat Bottom Gal" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New mods for my "Fat Bottom Gal"

Okay, the great state of Oklahoma has decided to buy me some goodies for my rig (I got a raise at work ) soooo... Heres what i'm thinking.
Stax
Lift and leveling kit
wheels
Tires
Train Horns

I have checked with Raul on the stax already and decided i need 5" to go behind my toolbox/tank but i don't know anything about lifting a dually. Not a huge lift mind you, maybe 4". And the wheels and tires - what size can i get away with and how do you handle the rear dualls?
I have a 5er camper so i dont want to render my rig useless for towing it.
Anyone with a lifted dually please chime in here.

Last edited by Clay Henry; 07-31-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Clay I think the biggest thing with lifting the dually's is you gotta get spacers for the dulls, when adding some big cleats, I've also been wanting to lift mine but pull a GN almost every weekend and don't want to mess that up, I to would be curious on how much lift you could get away with and still be good with the trailer, what kind of wheels you looking at American Force?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
SOONER POWERSTROKER

Send a message via Yahoo to bundymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
Okay, the great state of Oklahoma has decided to buy me some goodies for my rig (I got a raise at work ) soooo... Hers what i'm thinking.
Stax
Lift and leveling kit
wheels
Tires
Train Horns

I have checked with Raul on the stax already and decided i need 5" to go behind my toolbox/tank but i don't know anything about lifting a dually. Not a huge lift mind you, maybe 4". And the wheels and tires - what size can i get away with and how do you handle the rear dualls?
Clay don't know if you have got a price on the stacks yet. I can get you a good deal on Grand rocks stacks. They would be shipped from Ohio.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

I think Tucker has an extra set of 5 inch miter cuts, but he doesn't have the bed kit
Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Premium Member

Im sure you have thought of this, but with the WVO tank and stacks in the bed will your 5'er have enough clearance
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
id run 4 inches of lift. (no leveling kit necesary if your lifting) and run 285/75/16' if you have 16's or 295/70/17's if you have 17's it should look prety bad arse and still be capable of towing.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
Okay, the great state of Oklahoma has decided to buy me some goodies for my rig (I got a raise at work ) soooo... Hers what i'm thinking.
Stax
Lift and leveling kit
wheels
Tires
Train Horns

To be honest Clay I won't do anything more than a leveling kit, but no higher than a 4", simply because I wouldn't go any bigger than a 35" tire or a 22.5 from American Force. With a 4" lift you should be fine, but then it all depends on what size tire you go with....because remember you not going to lift just 4", but another 3" to 4" depending on tire. So personally I would go with the same set-up I have, leveling kit and 35"s doesn't affect towing one bit and make all the difference with looks

As far as tire all depends on what wheels you want. The widest that most wheel maker make are 6" to 7" wide.....so my KMC Rockstar wheels which are 17x7 make the sidewalls on my 35" BFG A/Ts bulge bad, almost making the center of my tread higher than the sides.....just something to keep in mind. I was going to go with American Force 22.5, but not for 8k......more power you to if you can afford that.

Now for the rear tires, I got a line on a guy who can get the correct 2" wheel spacers that your going to need for a great price. Even if you don't go with the guy I know, keep in mind that it needs to be 2" because you'll be cutting down your stock studs if you go any smaller and it needs to be hub centric, just trust me on that on, I learn that the hard way Oh yeah don't worry about the tires sticking out from the fenders, its not that bad, maybe an inch at the most
Old 07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

for tires,..I'll recommend Iroks,..they run narrow, which is perfect for dually applications....normally no spacers are needed....which is a good thing.

here a pic of my buddies truck, with IROK's

it's now on 16" of lift and 46" tires.

Last edited by TANK'S 250; 07-30-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundymon View Post
Clay don't know if you have got a price on the stacks yet. I can get you a good deal on Grand rocks stacks. They would be shipped from Ohio.
Do tell!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
Im sure you have thought of this, but with the WVO tank and stacks in the bed will your 5'er have enough clearance
Yep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.