Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil Filters

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mtman 
#1 ·
Anybody running the Micro-Gard oil filter from O'reilly's? Or is it best to stay factory. They sure have a good price on theirs.

#4 ·
I've been running Purolator, which is a rebadged OEM filter. HOWEVER, few wks ago I went to go pick one up and purolator changed the filter again!! Originally it was the 2 pc, then they started buying from Racor like OEM, and now they have their own design. So I bought a FOMOCO. Hope that helps. The bottom line is you want the OEM filter, box doesn't matter.

#5 ·
I have just purchased 4 gallons of Amsoil and an Amsoil filter. I haven't changed the oil yet because I wanted to find out about the filter. Does anybody know if the Amsoil filter is ok? I had read about some after market filters that weren't working right.

#9 ·
I think what they are talking about here is there is a huge different between how the internal 6.0 filter needs to be alot more exact in size compared to our 7.3 spin on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.