For those of you running 37s or 38s... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to etalian
For those of you running 37s or 38s...

What kind of mileage do you get? Please include any performance that may have helped you out. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 PM

If you have to ask about the milage don't do it!!

If mine didn't have them on it when I bought it they wouldn't be there! Thats a lie but it sounded good.

Seriously, I have been to scared to figure it my self but the gauge in the truck stays between 12.5 and 14.5 most of the time. Waiting to see if the mods I just did make a differance.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYB018 View Post
If you have to ask about the milage don't do it!!

If mine didn't have them on it when I bought it they wouldn't be there! Thats a lie but it sounded good.

Seriously, I have been to scared to figure it my self but the gauge in the truck stays between 12.5 and 14.5 most of the time. Waiting to see if the mods I just did make a differance.
No, I want to do it. Either way I'm lifting my vehicle. Either my current Titan or the SD. Whichever one will make more sense in the long run. The SD would have to get much better mileage than the Titan. My Titan gets between 11-12 on my current commute. 11 when I punch it, 12 when I baby it. If you were to put 35s on it, I would be in the 9s. Which is completely unacceptable. But if I can put 38s on a SD, and still get 15mpg that would be kickass. I'm guessing I could still probably get 13-14 in town huh?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Doubt it buddy. with 37's + you're looking at 12 and under in the city. I have factory 20's with 35's and a 4" lift and I get about 14mpg city (tampa city) and 17hwy. If I slow way the F'k down I can squeeze 21mpg. with 37's and a 6" lift doing 75mph with cruise on.. i'd bet you money you'd be at 15mpg hwy. and I've hand calculated my mpg's and my meter is perfect almost every time. +/- .1-.2. with 37's don't expect more than 15mpg hwy.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Doubt it buddy. with 37's + you're looking at 12 and under in the city. I have factory 20's with 35's and a 4" lift and I get about 14mpg city (tampa city) and 17hwy. If I slow way the F'k down I can squeeze 21mpg. with 37's and a 6" lift doing 75mph with cruise on.. i'd bet you money you'd be at 15mpg hwy. and I've hand calculated my mpg's and my meter is perfect almost every time. +/- .1-.2. with 37's don't expect more than 15mpg hwy.
Highway I only get 12. City 11. And that's completely stock. My truck would get 8-9 on 37s. So thank you for answering my question. It was as I predicted. My numbers may have been inflated, but it's still the answer I had wanted
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 PM

If you re gear when you step up to bigger tires it sholdnt really hurt your mileage all that much. I get 13-17 Depending how I drive around and hiway but 17 was my max babying it. I need a tuner BAD
Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmertom390 View Post
If you re gear when you step up to bigger tires it sholdnt really hurt your mileage all that much. I get 13-17 Depending how I drive around and hiway but 17 was my max babying it. I need a tuner BAD
Do you think I should regear if I do 38s?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:44 PM

When I lifted and added 37's mileage went down to 11 (10 with a load). When I regeared it went up to 13 (still 10 with a load but downshifts less).
Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd4x4 View Post
When I lifted and added 37's mileage went down to 11 (10 with a load). When I regeared it went up to 13 (still 10 with a load but downshifts less).

How much did it cost to regear?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etalian View Post
How much did it cost to regear?
I payed about $1400 parts and labor. Dealer wanted 3x that. If you never pull a load and don't care about 2 MPG then it's not worth it. If you do pull it's worth every penny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.