6.0 or Duramax??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 or Duramax???

OK I realize there will not be anyone here telling me to get the Chebby, But tell me why the 6.0 is better, I like the truck better, it seems to be more of a truck, I need a crew cab long bed, And will tow max 14K but live in colorado and the passes kicked my 97 psd a$$. I am not big on tuning so I am trying to compare in factory trim, just bone stock.. So watcha think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i have never driven a 6.0, my brother had a 04 duramax and it had some crazy power. he used to tow a 26 foot enclosed 10,000 pound trailer for work and did 75-80 no problem. had no problems with it.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Dave Kennedy for Diesel Power Magazine said he would go like this Duramax for daily driving,cummins for a play toy, and a powerstroke for a work truck.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck47441 View Post
Dave Kennedy for Diesel Power Magazine said he would go like this Duramax for daily driving,cummins for a play toy, and a powerstroke for a work truck.
i second that . the chevy is a great highway rig
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This is crazy, I would have thought that there would be more 6.0 guys here standing by their truck, Is a 6.0 that bad that you recommend I buy a duramax???
Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trango View Post
This is crazy, I would have thought that there would be more 6.0 guys here standing by their truck, Is a 6.0 that bad that you recommend I buy a duramax???
I love my 6.0, but i have never owned a duramax so i dont have anything to compare it to
Old 04-07-2008, 07:40 PM

IMO overall I like the Ford. I think the interior comforts and heavier duty driveline (axles,transfer case, etc.), more than make up for the slight lack it has to the Chebby. But, hey man it's your money, spend it how you want. BTW, pop the hood on a duramax, now how would you like to deal with all of that, on my buddy's chevy, I don't think you could drop a half inch nut anywhere in there and have it hit the ground.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
yeah you cant really work on a duramax. personaly id buy a ford. which i did. but i do like the duramax motor, but everything else to me sucks. i dont like the interior, and they even lost the exteror look IMO. if it were me, id buy the 6.0 given the choices. but i drive a 7.3, and i drive it for a reason!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 PM

my brother has an 06 duramax and i have an 04 6.0. the similarities are that both trucks have great power (i have sct, he has ppe) meaning they can burn down the drag strip or pull a load. the difference is preference.... his truck is very quiet inside and out and it is a great highway truck, plus the 6sp allison is awesome. both trucks are great but like said before... if its a highway truck you want go with the duramax and if its a work truck you want go with a 6.0. don't forget the 03+ cummins... its quiet and it has ultimate pulling power
Old 04-07-2008, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sciulli
I like chevys pre new body style changes, interior. I like it allot. One thing that blows is the Independent front suspension. If you’re plowing or doing sled pulling/drag racing then you need to dump some serious coin to get billet parts. Outside of that it’s a common rail engine and it can make good power without allot of modifications (like a dodge). It will be about as fuel efficient as a 6.0, but it depends on what engine you get (LBZ, LLY or LB7). There tranny don’t take much HP before they need upgraded and they are expensive to do (you pay a premium for that Allison name). The Lb7 has tranny and injector issues the LLY and LBZ are fine. LBZ is a good hot rodding engine but if you push it to hard you melt pistons. LBZ can turn 500 without anything but some basic upgrades and tuning. EFI Live is a great program, you can control everything about the GM powertrain with it. LB7 seems to have the best fuel economy, and the the LLY and LBZ are mixed.

Last edited by Sciulli; 04-07-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.