Truck Leaking!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck Leaking!!!

Ok so heres the deal. I took my truck in for it's 60,000 mile service, not a bad thing right? That's what I thought, until I got home and found my transmission leaking all over my driveway! I took it back and the dealership said they had "overfilled" it,,,,nice. Not a big deal, I understand mistakes happen, so I didn't think much about it. About a week later I go outside and notice some small oil spots on the ground. I take it in and come to find out the cam sensor was bad. Once again, no big deal, things go bad. About another week goes by and guess what, I go outside and same thing, oil on the ground. I take it in, this time the left glow plug was leaking. Even after all this I still wasn't upset, mainly because my engine is still under the 100k warranty and it's not costing me anything, not even the deductible (dealership is good like that). Anyway I go out yesterday and same thing,,,LEAKING all over! I take it back and said keep it until it's fixed! The shop forman and service manager both come out and looked at my truck, I guess they wanted to make sure I new what a leak looked like...lol Anyway I ask the shop forman "do diesels just leak" and he says, "well by the book I'm suppose to say no, but in reality they do?" He said all the big three have the same problem? What gives, does this sound right or is this guy full of you know what???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have an 04 that has never leaked with 52,000 miles. I worked at a Ford dealership as the shop foreman and these trucks don't leak unless there is a problem. Sounds to me like they are tired of messing with the truck and are just trying to get you to accept it the way it is. I would take it to another dealership and show them everything that has been done and tell them it still isn't fixed. Just my . Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Serving Our Country!

I kind of knew the guy was full of crap. This is my first diesel, so I figured I'd just listen what this guy had to say. If it isn't fixed this time I'm going to head over to a different dealership. Thanks for the reply...
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
I kind of knew the guy was full of crap. This is my first diesel, so I figured I'd just listen what this guy had to say. If it isn't fixed this time I'm going to head over to a different dealership. Thanks for the reply...
No problem. Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:50 AM

So at 54,000 my truck developed a rear main seal leak then at 58,000 a "valve cover" leak. I say it like that because I never saw the leak from the cover. It looks to be like the rear main seal again.

Lastley, had it fixed in early December with 100 bucks down. Two weeks ago I noticed it was leaking again but not as thick.

Someone had mentioned that it could be just condensation running off from behind the block because of the temp changes and what not.

Now it's starting to leak like a sive. And I'm heading to the dealer this Monday.

For a 50,000 truck, If it didn't roll off the factory floor leaking then it better not be leaking now, at least not until I hit the 100K mark.

My server order writer said "the "6.0' tend to leak for than other"....duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whatever
Old 03-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Have them put the dye in there and then look for leaks. Otherwise, they are just chasing their tails...
Old 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rdkl Send a message via Yahoo to rdkl
I second the dye. My truck would have been fixed the first time instead of 3 visits if they had used the dye the first time around.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

They are using the dye, that's the crazy part. Each time they run it through they seem to find something new. We'll see what they have to say tomorrow,,,,I hope.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

Update, just got off the phone with the dealership. They are pulling my motor and replacing every gasket/seal in it. Hopefully this fixes it this time, we'll see...
Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow pulling the motor ain't they energetic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.