Truck value plumits; need more MPG's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck value plumits; need more MPG's

Ok, looks like selling my SD is not going by any means good. Trade in value fell almost $5k within 1 week!!! So I have to start pondering about my plan on action for keeping it. I've come up with Remove the 4" lift kit and go back to stock F250 height, and maybe rid those monster 35x12.50 Procomp Xtreme AT's and opt for some 285 BFG AT's or some 305 Toyo AT's. something a tad lighter. Also looking into a (cheap) Toneou cover. I already have a 4" Turbo back exhaust.... What else can I do? I need to find out if I have the most current Flash also. It's been 1yr since I bought my truck. Other than that... Can't really think of much other than lower it and put it on pizza cutters and fab my own 10,000 CFM electric fan. And keep as much weight as possible out of it and drive slower than a turd rolling up a hill in winter time. I can feel the excitement now.

But on the positive side of the coin, Gas is going up...slowly, but it's going. $3.50 for regular and $3.99 for diesel. The gap is closing. They couldn't get away with raising gas like they did diesel b/c the country would flip out. but few cents every month and they won't notice... tards. So the value should come back and we shouldn't be wishing we had F150's that ran on $1 cheaper fuel. OR any vehicle larger than a box of cereal will lose value. I tell ya, the oil folks are playing to the liberal hippy fidel and banking on it. Go green, raise gas prices, force people to buy cracker boxes... whatever. When the hippy's munchy food cost $10 for a twinkie then they'll flip out. Last time I checked Hybrid Freight Liners don't exist. Rant OFF>

I think the country's answer is hand out birth control for free and have a "pre-mate inteligence test". and set the bar fairly high. And offer California to the mexicans as a sacrificial gift for them leaving the country. That would be a start.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 03-27-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
I think the country's answer is hand out birth control for free and have a "pre-mate inteligence test". and set the bar fairly high. And offer California to the mexicans as a sacrificial gift for them leaving the country. That would be a start.
Maybe cutting your mullet for some weight reduction will help your MPG's.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Hard times call for hard measures..... I will be buying up all the diesel trucks possible during this "so called crisis" mine is still beating a v-10 by twice the mpg with all the mods and twice the power, LOL! I would even consider Duraturds and cummins for possible purchase over any gasser on the market.

Come on guys! It could be worse, WE COULD BE WHIPPIN IN V-10
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM

Cut my mullet, look I didn't mean to be offensive, but population seems to be the root cause for many dismays in human history. FYI, I have a crew cut and work as an engineer. no harm no foul hoss. And I'm a catholic that believes in evolution if you can buy that one. Maybe I should of said "we should send more bicycles (american made ones!) to china and stop buying their crap." b/c we have stuff made there to save money, but then we pay more for our fuel b/c their economy is growing... so what did we save? China market is proof of short term thinking, selfish lazy people in conjunction with bean counters that never look up at the gas pricees. I think the pot we're in is a very complicated one... moreso then most would of thought even 5yrs ago. But I do my part, I avoid china products like the plauge. I'll even go w/out just b/c. and the most important fact: I don't believe in Politically correctness. An opinion is an opinion. I didn't go to counceling b/c you told me I have to cut my mullet Not everything in life is soft and P.C. And I'm 10-4 Aok with that.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 03-27-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Streak
There is more influencing fuel prices than China, and if the benefit of labor costs that are 1% (in some cases) of US labor costs is undeniable. If a company didn't go there to exploit low labor costs, another company would have (It's unfortunate though).

The best mod for the truck is never touching the brakes. Theoretically driving it slowly all the time will mess the turbo and EGR system up with soot though, so keep that in mine. I try to beat the piss out of it at least once a drive towards the end when everything is up to temp

It isn't surprising that truck value plummeted, I suppose I should have paid more attention to the diesel futures market before buying mine. Everyone that bought one for fun is now selling, inflating supply, which reduces the price.bleh
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 AM

exactly. the Retail value stayed up. but the trade in came WAY down. In other words they don't want anymore on the lots. I wonder if the EGR system helps or hurts MPG's. Tomorrow I'm still going to one chevy and one GMC dealer to look and get a trade in value for grins. never know until you try. that way the issue is put to bed and i'll move foward.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 AM

I would hope that you didn't buy the truck for daily driver? I mean why would you unless your a contractor, right? It just doesn't make sense to drive it to and from work, unless your stopping off at home depot on the way home. Mine sits in the bole barn during the week, I drive an old 98 Jetta TDI with 230k back and forth to work. For me, unless the weather is really bad, it's insane for me to drive my truck the 85-90 miles round trip to work and back.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 AM

I bought it b/c I off-road quite a bit (used to anyway) and liked the Dana 60 and FF rear axle, plus it was the 2nd to last 6.0 off the lot and I got a better deal on it then a comparable F150 version! and I'm always hauling misc crap around. Me and the woman Mt bike on the weekends, I was and still am considering buying a boat at some point, and I always need a pickup for doing house remodeling work, IE hauling away old Doors, debre from trees etc. But I'll admit, the F250 is overkill for what I need. and at the time diesel was $2.30 and gas was $2.60. But now I'm up the creek w/out a paddle. I can afford it, it's just more expensive than it should/has to be. That's why I'm looking at a GM 1500 CC/SB 4x4.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 AM

I know what your saying, and feel your hit in the wallet. But If you look at it, that truck with proper care and maintenance will last you a very long time. I'm thinking realistically it should last 350k 10-15yrs. I have an old first year powerstroke (88) that runs good still, gets great mileage (19mpg), but I didn't take good care of the body, and its rusting away in my dads pasture. I could still drive it, but am too spoiled to modern conveniances, so I drive my Jetta.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas6.0 View Post
Maybe cutting your mullet for some weight reduction will help your MPG's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.