SECURITY ALARM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SECURITY ALARM

Truck just got broke into, I am going to install a alarm and am just looking for some ideas on what to get, what have you guys had good luck with?

also, is it possible to wire up an alarm to a set of train horns? usually when you here an alarm people dont think much of it because it is happening all the time but if I could get one to hook into a set of train horns it would definetly get noticed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

2W7Z-19A361-AA KEYLESS ENTRY AND SECURITY SYSTEM. This is the part # from ford. It is recomended to be installed by the dealer. With time and patience, you can do it your self. I'm currently installing it on my 96 f250, there are no directions for my truck and I am having to go to different web sites for help. I think you can find directions for your year model truck..do a google search. www.wirecolors.com/FORDPC.pdf. Thats the one I have been using, for the most part. Good Luck
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Conservative and Proud

OH lordy, I could only imagine a thief setting off your alarm hooked to Train Horns!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did they break windows or use the screwdriver in the lock/door handle.

If they used the screwdriver, jimmijammers would have prevented it. The theory is that breaking glass is way to noticeable for most theives to try unless the vehicle is very secluded.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 PM

+1 on the train horns...as soon as I get mine thats what I am doing.....
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a CodeAlarm SRT-9000 and I love it. It is really sensitive. If someone slams their car door next to my truck it will set it off. Also, I have the 2 way remote which communicates back to me info such as a door trigger,temp inside truck,engine running,etc.

Last edited by Newimagelawns; 03-27-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: .................
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM

I've been looking into the CODE ALARM CA-671 because it iss supposed to work with my door keypad.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 PM

Viper 5900 IIRC; top of the line. YOU NEED ONE!!! I also have a Club. Together you're in pretty good shape, next step is survalance video (which I have) and a 2nd amendment (while we still have it).

Yes you can wire it up to train horns, I am debating it. But it's the false alarms that are going to kill you lol. For some reason these trucks are magnets for getting broken into. Got me 2X then I did the alarm & club, and survalance video system (already had the 2nd amendment). I'd pay $20 to catch the person in action. Is it punk teenagers, or what doing this? I almost can't see teenagers... unless it's unlocked. What is the profile for a F250 theif? I like profiling, it's math in action; probability. Seems to be bad in the urban areas for some reason... (tampa). and i'm sure the penalty is probly just overnight in jail if that. maybe they'd just give him a court date. I'm curious. OH, a nasty dog outfront would help too. But that fits the redneck truck/dog in yard profile.

Don't forget. you can disconect the PIN pad and eliminate the key hole. use a LR CC door handle instead and I removed the linkages inside also. They'd have to pry that door 10' wide to get it. and they still have a Alarm going off with 2 horns and the club to saw through, and they have to pass the Subdivision Guard shack with a guard in it. Not going to be a lazy guy this time around...

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 03-27-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 AM

What you need is a good ol' boy theft deterrent system.

Leave a pair of muddy work boots on the floor. Scatter some empty 12 gauge shells around the bed, and maybe toss in a couple of .44 mag cases in the cup holder. Smear some deer blood on the dashboard, and leave a note on the rider's seat: "Billy Bob - dang it, I caught another rascal trying to break into my truck. Be right back, I got to go find some 00 buckshot."
Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 AM

Something tells me we might have to translate that message into a few languages to make sure they can read it. I think the best deal is to move into a nice secure housing development, b/c... it's gated, usually one in/out. some have guards and cameras. and then a F250 won't be the most expensive shiny vehicle on the street. there will usually be plenty of BMW's, Benz's etc to pick from. so all of a sudden, your F250 lariat doesn't stand out as much. so the probability is lowered again. My problem is I have the nicest vehicle in the neighborhood. my neighbors have 1980's E150's that don't run, a 1984 Sunbird, 1987 Honda civics etc. you get the point.... then you have a brand new $50k truck. No joke, you could take all the vehicles on my street and they wouldn't add up to my sticker price. So I learned.. the hard way. Live where you fit in best. But I don't feel bad for my neighbors, they are the laziest people on earth. They just smoke all day long in the front porch and "hang out" like bums. and they still have christmas light out and it's past easter Unemployed and lazy, what a combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.