Will exhaust void my warrenty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will exhaust void my warrenty?

I have been wanting to put a 4in turbo back straight pipe on my 07, but have been wondering if it will void my ford warrenty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've never heard of a warranty getting voided for just exhaust. They can't do that under Moss-Magnuson anyway, but some dealers will give you a really hard time about it. My tech said he didn't care as long as the cat was still there. Some could care less about the cat, and some will try to deny a claim for an aftermarket air filter. The best idea is to feel out your dealer. Ask them you're thinking about a new exhaust and see if it will cause any problems. If it will, find another dealer.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 AM

Among all the literature that Ford, GM and Chevy issues each year regarding warranty information and bulletins and recalls...I've been amazed for years that they don't issue a "master list" of do's and dont's that will be acceptable for vehicle warranty coverage.

I know some dealerships are great for "ignoring" certain things. Yet you go to another and if they see your fingerprint on the air filter housing they void the warranty.

Afterall the OEM's have to foot the bill. So why don't they make all dealerships follow certain guidelines? Is it because of the Moss-Magnuson?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:55 PM

I'm sure they want to keep it vague so they can try to weasel out of warranty claims. Most people can't afford to fight them in court, so even though they're technically right under Moss-Magnuson, they still get denied. If they published a do-don't list, I'm sure they're get eaten alive in some class action suit anyway.

It's best for everybody to keep it the way it is. If there was some rigid set of standards, it would make it a lot harder for the mod friendly dealers to keep being friendly.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 PM

good luck 4 inch is the way to go IT SOUNDS GREAT
Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmrn45 View Post
I have been wanting to put a 4in turbo back straight pipe on my 07, but have been wondering if it will void my ford warrenty
......I doubt that your warranty will be voided, just your dealer, they can't void your warranty for asking. Usually as long as the exhaust didn't cause whatever problem might happen the dealer is cool with it
Old 02-28-2008, 01:52 PM

heck

my dealer recommended that I remove the dpf to improve mileage on my 08 he even went as far as to say make sure i bring it there if there's any problems

WAY COOL HUH

Darrell
Old 02-28-2008, 02:09 PM

The warranty can not be denied over an exhaust. Even if the CAT is removed.

If the exhaust hit/rubs the up pipe, Ford will not cover that. You will pay. Ask Patrick how we know this...lol..

The CAT as per a Ford Field Service Engineer... is not a part of the vehicle systems and controls. It is a part of the federal emmissions program. He says that Ford can care less about the CAT... or lack of CAT. Federal lay puts that in your hands. Delete the DPF and the potential exists to get fined.... if anyone knows what it is, and knows it gone. You need more than just "removing the DPF". Without turning off the system that is looking and monitoring this, you will cause all sorts of havoc. You are weeks away from a simple package with tuning and delete pipes to get this done on OFF ROAD, RACE USE ONLY 6.4L PSD trucks. Yada-Yada-Yada....
Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

Exhaust is the first thing I do with any new car or truck I have ever purchased. Drive it off the dealership lot, straight down to my favorite exhaust shop, which is 2 blocks down the road from the dealership. Never had a problem with warranty. Even going back to buy an extended factory warranty after quite a few mods are done is no problem. Maybe they don't give me any problems because I spend way too much money there?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
i would call and ask because i heard those have lots of sensors in them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.