Blown motor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to adambosco
Blown motor?

So I drive a 05 250 and it has around 45k on it. The truck drinks and pukes coolant like no other but the other day it just died driving. I was going about 50 and then I had a loss of power and then it died. I started it back up and it drove about a mile the it died again but then it wouldn't stay running for about 6 attempts. Got it to stay running and took it to ford. Well they said I need a new motor and gave me a price of $14,500 and I laughed. I have a after-market intake and they said it ingested something through the turbo due to my intake. The tech did a compression test and 2 cylinders were dead he said, the psi was in the 120s and they are supposed to be in the 500 I think is what he said. What do you guys think? I have a sct but I'm not running it and I don't know what brand the intake is but its a blue filter. I'm thinking a blown head gasket but either way they won't warranty my truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: denver
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 06Blackmamba Send a message via Yahoo to 06Blackmamba
GOD DAMM FORD!!!!!! TELL THEM YOUR TRADING IT IN FOR A DAMM DODGE OR DURAMAX THEN!!!!!! I HATE FORD DEALERS!!!!! they expect us to leave the truck alone drive it like grandma and if they see a different paint job on the truck there LIKE SORRY ITS NOT RED ANYMORE!!!!!! VOID!!!!!!!


sounds like head gasket! start pulling the heads. or do a pressure test on the cooling system and just fill it with water see were its going or hear were its going lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Rebel
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambosco View Post
So I drive a 05 250 and it has around 45k on it. The truck drinks and pukes coolant like no other but the other day it just died driving. I was going about 50 and then I had a loss of power and then it died. I started it back up and it drove about a mile the it died again but then it wouldn't stay running for about 6 attempts. Got it to stay running and took it to ford. Well they said I need a new motor and gave me a price of $14,500 and I laughed. I have a after-market intake and they said it ingested something through the turbo due to my intake. The tech did a compression test and 2 cylinders were dead he said, the psi was in the 120s and they are supposed to be in the 500 I think is what he said. What do you guys think? I have a sct but I'm not running it and I don't know what brand the intake is but its a blue filter. I'm thinking a blown head gasket but either way they won't warranty my truck.

Put stock air filter back on it take to to different dealer make sure your stock programs are on it and not the SCT stuff and they should cover it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to adambosco
sct has been off for awhile and the stock intake is mia because it was on the truck already when I picked it up. I will try to get a pic of the turbo tomorrow so you can see the supposed damage. I was told there was broken fins but they just seem to be worn down some but all intact. Alaska only has 2 ford dealers so my options are limited. I will most likely do the work myself and send them a bill haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
allergic to hot weather

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anchor Point, AK
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
4 ford dealers that I have been to. my favorite is Seekins in Fairbanks for service but there is new owners at the Wassilla and the Soldotna locations. where did you take it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: denver
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 06Blackmamba Send a message via Yahoo to 06Blackmamba
STUPID DAMM FORD DEALERS IM BUYIN MY NEXT FORD WITH NO WARRANTY CUZ IF I CHANGE ONE THING THEY VOID EVERYTHING!!!!!!

maybe you should try to find a used turbo on ebay if that onces not going to work anymore! and see if you can get some parts from there to once you figure out the problem. it sucks having to hear void on it, if you need help findin some parts let me know ill look around to help you out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
allergic to hot weather

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anchor Point, AK
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Blackmamba View Post
STUPID DAMM FORD DEALERS IM BUYIN MY NEXT FORD WITH NO WARRANTY CUZ IF I CHANGE ONE THING THEY VOID EVERYTHING!!!!!!

maybe you should try to find a used turbo on ebay if that onces not going to work anymore! and see if you can get some parts from there to once you figure out the problem. it sucks having to hear void on it, if you need help findin some parts let me know ill look around to help you out!
MAN! your hard on dealers. I have had some less than good experiances with some dealers but others are great to work with. they are not all alike and although I dont work for 1 I will stick up for some. I have had very good dealings with a few dealers in a few states. why generalize and bash all of them? I see this in many of your posts. have you looked for a good dealer at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to adambosco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95and05 View Post
4 ford dealers that I have been to. my favorite is Seekins in Fairbanks for service but there is new owners at the Wassilla and the Soldotna locations. where did you take it?
I took it to cals but thinking about the valley now. haha I like the pic with the signs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:52 PM
allergic to hot weather

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anchor Point, AK
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
that sign it Eagle River area and the campground gate is about 200 ft from the prison gate!!!

I bought my 05 EX from the vally when it was Nye but Kendall just bought it a couple weeks ago so not sure what if anything has changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: denver
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 06Blackmamba Send a message via Yahoo to 06Blackmamba
no i was just taking my anger out. i work at a dealer and there cool. but i had some bad luck with alot in my area. only places that haven't gave me crap is lakewood ford and formby ford. i seriouslly took my cat off and muffler and 3 dealers voided my warranty on the spot when i took it in for a nock in the engine and there like sorry they wanted to charge me 100bucks for them to look at it. ever sense then ford and there warranty was ****. i found some guys like me at formby that do stuff to there 6.0s so im like hey he blew his turbo apart running 40psi and im running 27 and im going to need my turbo replaced cuz the vanes were messed up ever sense then its been ok!!



my girl says i have anger management problems i say im just speaking my mind LMFAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors