Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I need advice on replacing intake gaskets

889 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WarChild 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I'd appreciate it if one of you would tell me if a new set of intake gaskets needs some sort of a gasket sealer.

If no gasket sealer is required, how would I keep the gaskets from moving as I lower the manifold on top of them?

The truck is 2004.

Thanks for all the help.

#2 ·
Nope, no sealer and are reuseable if not damaged... As far as keeping them in line, well it takes patience putting on the intake and if they are not aligned then the bolts wont thread into the head simple as that. You can see the gaskets when the intake manifold it seated, if they are not aligned then just carefully move them front or back to re-align them.

#3 ·
No sealer required. They are reusable as long as they are in decent shape. I found when setting the intake it pays to have a buddy give you a hand. You can do it yourself, but it's little easier if you have someone giving you a hand, it is a little easer to guide in.

#7 ·
I found the best way to keep them in place is to put two front bolts and two back bolt in and finagle them in as your lowering the mama fold then everything else will just line up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.