4" muffler delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
4" muffler delete

Got a 4" Magnaflow Stainless TB exhaust on my 05 with no kitty and their off-road muffler

#1, is there a muffler delete for that?
#2, is that somin a dealer would cry about vs. an off-road muffler?
#3, would it make my truck much louder without the off-road muffler?

My truck seems excessively quiet with this system, which is nice for stealth, but I want some more sound, outside the cab! I would especially like to get a lil more turbo sound.

A cheap $20-30 stainless muffler delete would be sweat if it gives me a nice sound boost to wake up the neighbors when I get on it, you know, without sounding like glass-paks on an old camaro.......I gotta change it up on my neighbors, their getting used to me hitting the panic button on the alarm and the train horn.
With neighbors like me you never have to worry about having someone te be drunk and disorderly with!!! Its a good thing we live outside city limits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazenutz33 View Post
Got a 4" Magnaflow Stainless TB exhaust on my 05 with no kitty and their off-road muffler

#1, is there a muffler delete for that?
#2, is that somin a dealer would cry about vs. an off-road muffler?
#3, would it make my truck much louder without the off-road muffler?

My truck seems excessively quiet with this system, which is nice for stealth, but I want some more sound, outside the cab! I would especially like to get a lil more turbo sound.

A cheap $20-30 stainless muffler delete would be sweat if it gives me a nice sound boost to wake up the neighbors when I get on it, you know, without sounding like glass-paks on an old camaro.......I gotta change it up on my neighbors, their getting used to me hitting the panic button on the alarm and the train horn.
With neighbors like me you never have to worry about having someone te be drunk and disorderly with!!! Its a good thing we live outside city limits!
Well what you can do is use our part # 15451 this is a universal piece of pipe that is approx 34" Long.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Your dealer does not care about the muffler or CAT, that is not a warranty issue. The CAT is a federal issue that could come back to bite you on annual state inspections.

The turbo is a legal mechanical sound dampening device. You dont have to have a secondary muffler.

You can use an MBRP delete pipe, the mufflers are the same dimension. MBRP Part # MDS930 is the 409SS version.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Sweet, good to hear with the parts numbers, dealers, and legal mumbo jumbo.

Should I expect it to sound much different as far as the turbo goes? And it wont be too loud will it.....I'm 25, so "too loud" is still up there in the decibels! ahaha
I'ld be tempted to get an 03 turbo and find a way to get it in my truck, or swap whatever part(s) from it that will make mine sound like that, but I like money IN my wallet!

p.s.....I can get my inspections done where I normally got my car and motorcycle inspected right??? If so, I got that covered, my motorcycle has been "street legal" with no plastics, signals, lights, and at times MOTOR! haha

Last edited by eazenutz33; 01-09-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:43 PM

Yes on the same inspection station... get'er done.

Too loud? No. The sound of the 03 is very noticable outside the truck, or to the house your trying to sneak past, but inside the super well insulated and sealed interior of a modern Superduty.... you wont be bothered.

My Brother in law is 47 and has a straight piped 03 6.0L F-250 and he works out of the truck all day using his cell phone. He does industrial fire system sales and spends 12-14 hrs a day in the truck. No complaints from him at all..... and he would not be what you would consider adventurous....or wild.

If you were going to swap to an 03, ya may as well swap to the industrial hybrid like stump and a couple others run. Loud as (at least!) the 03, but more airflow and revamped to reduce the chances of the VGT sticking.

Larry

Larry
Old 01-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountPowerParts1 View Post
If you were going to swap to an 03, ya may as well swap to the industrial hybrid like stump and a couple others run. Loud as (at least!) the 03, but more airflow and revamped to reduce the chances of the VGT sticking.

Larry

Larry
are you sure I didnt call one of those phone numbers from the late night commercials???? Cause that sounded "dirty" and expensive to me......either way, keep it up and I'll end up doing somin stupid and spending the money we've been setting aside for the baby's birth to get a turbo....think she would forgive me in the next 6 months???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.