Replacement Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacement Tires

I'm looking for some replacement tires for my 05 F250. Currently I have stock BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A P265/70R17. I'm looking to replace all four tires, however, I would like a tire that is a little more aggressive on snow. I mostly drive on pavement but occasionally drive off road during the hunting and fishing seasons.

1) Long lasting
2) Fairly aggressive in snow/off road
2) Reasonably priced (Under $200 per tire)

Please don't turn this post into a tire war, I understand that everyone has a different opinion on tires. This is the first tire replacement for the truck and I would like your advice on suggested tires since I have no experience with any tire other than stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
BFG A/T or Nitto terra grappler would be my choice
Old 01-06-2008, 06:38 PM

My BFG A/Ts' have about 20,000 on them and are about 1/2 worn, thats with about 4000 miles of towing a few smokey burnouts and a heavy right foot, paid right around 850 for the set installed. They have been good for almost all of the muddy/snowy conditions I have been in.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Rice Hunter

I have to agree with Dave being AT BFG KO's at top of my list. Nitto and Toyo are also great wearing tires.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

Just put BFG A/Ts on my 03 and going to put Good Year Silent Armor or BFG A/T on my 05 this summer. Never had the Toyo or Nitto but have heard lots of good things about them too.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to landofconfusion
I have Nitto Terra graps and they have just above the 40K mark, and they still have another 6-10K tread life on them, so pretty good tire. Neve had the BFG's but heard many good things. The terra grappler looses all off roading capability as with all tires when the tread wears down, but for me this especially seems true. At least with the BFG's they retain some of their off road use when the tread gets less than stellar (so i've heard). Good luck bud!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the Goodyear Silent armors. They're great in wet, snow, and mud, and they're extremely quiet. They're pushing your price point, but not by much. I have 18s on my truck, and it was about 900 bucks for 4 with road hazard and lifetime balance. Plus, they had a $40 Visa gift card with them. I'm still waiting for the stupid card 3 months later, though. LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the suggestions guys... I appreciate it!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:48 AM

Had Goodrich A/T's on my Ranger, got great traction from them, considering they weren't a full mud tire. A bit noisier than street tires, but not bad. Better than getting stuck in the middle of a field on street tires.

I'm looking at a set of AT's to replace the rugged trail's I have now, which are just about done, and not worth a darn off road. Look on the bright side - I have to buy six of them, so it's looking like $1200-1400 for a set. Ouch!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:48 AM

I am running mickey thompson baja mtz's. If you want a more aggressive tire these seem to be pretty solid and they look bad A$$. They are actually not that loud for a mud tire and they are wearing nice. I have 15000 on them and they are showing no wear, i rotate them every 5k though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.