Big HP 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Served our Country

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big HP 6.0

Anyone know of any big HP numbers for the 6.0. I see the Cummins on places like youtube, but haven't seen any big 6.0 numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Jon

Well

I have personally seen some in the 500+ range. Several here on the site including Stump and now granny with her new sticks.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

you want se a 6.0 with those kinda numbers , there are some good running 6.0's around but the majority of higher end 6.0's are around 500 give or take a few
Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Probably would be a ton of high hp 6.0's had they gone common rail with it.......the Duramax was already CR and the the 03 CTD got common rail in 03, they knew it was coming.........
I haven't heard any of any 6.0's past 700 but there might be one or two out there.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM

well if you have some money to spend and yur 6.0 your good to go but i have yet to see psd's putting down the hp d-max's and cummns are capable of, hopefully we'll come around. funny thing is though some psd's seem to win races that d-maxs and cummins don't. that extra 1-200 hp the d-max claims with its insane crazy progammer and mods, sometimes doesnt make much difference come drag time. and that high hp cummins that happens to be stick dont wanna go stop light to stoplight with me in town, especially if his g/f is sittin next to him "just my two cents" speaking from a street racing standpoint

like the corvette c-5 i had a little bout with, long story short he spun like an idiot and i (for a lack of words) "raped" him in front of traffic. i love getting a thumbs up.

Last edited by jwsland; 01-04-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 PM

put like a 200 shot on it and a tune there you go not so expensive less then a grand.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:25 AM

Check my sig...

542 HP/790 Torque

That's on a mild water/meth mix (75/25 windshield wiper fluid) and on my Xtreme Street program. Running Xtreme Race, bumping up the mix to 50/50 and optimizing the controller for boost (instead of EGT, which is where I have it now) might be good for another 25 HP or so and another 40 ft/lbs of torque...

Got my FASS coming too, and that should be good for a pretty significant/additional kick in the pants. Sticks aren't in the plans for the immediate future, and if I do them they'll be on the conservative side (Stage I/II tow/tow power). My tranny's stout and in great shape and I want to keep it that way, I use my X for towing and outside of the dyno runs and an occasional "ricer romp" I take it easy. I'm more concerned with reliability, driveability and longetivity...

Just for laughs I'll probably run it up @ New England Dragway this spring in NH. Should be sub-14s easy.

Tuned D-Maxes and Dodges are monsterous. The D-Maxes have the HP edge while the Cummins are the torque monsters...

Matty
Old 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Tuned D-Maxes and Dodges are monsterous. The D-Maxes have the HP edge while the Cummins are the torque monsters...

Matty
Cummins engines still have recorded higher hp numbers than any dmax. 1289 latest high number for CR Cummins.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Just for laughs I'll probably run it up @ New England Dragway this spring in NH. Should be sub-14s easy.

Matty
I would hope that with 542 hp you would be in the very low 13s with your Ex! Keep us posted on how she does.

You don't see very many 6.0s above 600 hp. Every one of them that I know of hs not stayed together. It looks like somewhere around 600 is where the 6.0 rods tend to give up. It just cost too much money to build a super high power Powerstroke. You can make 600 hp with a CR Cummins for less than $1000. Another $1000 will get you much higher than that. Of course that much power is going to cost several more thousand in reality because you will need a tranny to hold it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
I would hope that with 542 hp you would be in the very low 13s with your Ex! Keep us posted on how she does.

You don't see very many 6.0s above 600 hp. Every one of them that I know of hs not stayed together. It looks like somewhere around 600 is where the 6.0 rods tend to give up. It just cost too much money to build a super high power Powerstroke. You can make 600 hp with a CR Cummins for less than $1000. Another $1000 will get you much higher than that. Of course that much power is going to cost several more thousand in reality because you will need a tranny to hold it.
I've NEVER "officially" drag raced until I went to the (Dodge/Jeep) SRT Track Experience recently, had 12 drag races and won every one. I cut an .001 R/T which I was pretty happy about. It was cool and got me thinking seriously about it...

I don't want to flog my tow beast too much, the dyno puts as much stress (if not more) than the track I suppose; it'd just be nice to have a slip to go with it. The looks I get when I roll on the coal are priceless...

I think everyone would agree that the Cummins and Duramaxes tune much better and get higher numbers than the Powerstrokes. Elite Diesel has the (internal) parts in particular that would really be capable of some incredible numbers but man would it ever be expensive. Like you said, around a grand for a tuner, intake and exhaust and your Dodge/Chevy-GMC is a monster...

Matty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.