Hey, brand new here and been browsing around. Very cool site. I have a 2005 F550 with a 6spd manual and 4.88 gears. It gets great fuel milage.
So to the questions:
1. I have been told that the F450/550's were detuned from the factory due to the 19.5" tires speed rating. If I use a programmer does it change my horsepower level to the same as it would with a F250/350? If it brings the output of a stock F350 6.0 to X hp does it change mine to X hp or do I still have a slight reduction from the detune?
2. If I loaded a stock F350 tune will that change the detune?
3. Do I have to have a different tune altogether?
4. My truck has been through 3 EGR valves and 1 EGR cooler. I read about an EGR blockoff plate. Where can you get these and do they affect anything else?
5. Anyone know what rearend this is?
6. The only other thing is I want to install that FS2500 oil filter. Anyone done this? When you pull samples have you increased your change intervals?
There aren't many F450/550 6.0L trucks out there for comparison hence the basic questions.
I just want to increase my towing power. I don't want race power or anything, just whatever programmer it takes to make the most power to tow with. This truck feels way more underpowered than my stock cummins and I want to correct this. I've been doing searches on these topics but I'm stuck on dialup until my sat internet gets fixed and it's been a PITA!