Need help on Dually Conversion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help on Dually Conversion

Hey guys, I have a 2003 ford f350 srw. Im wanting to convert it to a dually and put a flatbed on it. Can any body tell me how big of deal this is. I have heard that I dont have to change anything in the rear, and that the dual wheels will bolt right up. I dont know if thats right though. Also, on the front, can you buy dually hubs and and swap out from the single wheel hubs and put dually wheels on front. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rocky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
If I was you, I would find a dually flatbed. It would save you alot of headaches.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
the rear end you have is a Ford 10.5 the duallys have a dana 80 in it.. .its a diff rear end... you will have to swap those out along with the rear springs... its gonna be a pain in the rear to do it.... and expensive.... unless you can find a front end crashed DRW and swap everything out
Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have seen conversion kits that are suppose to bolt right to your factory axles and then put dually wheels on, but are they any good?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveblacksmoke View Post
I have seen conversion kits that are suppose to bolt right to your factory axles and then put dually wheels on, but are they any good?
yah you can do that but your axle wont be rated for that kind of weight... im assuming your doing it cause you want to be able to haul more weight in the bed... if your gonna do it for that then do it right... it will be safer
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have done the conversion of an F-350 SRW to Dually. And I have had a recent Customer here at Bushtracker do it..

The axle housings are the same, but the conversion kit is a bit ring of steel (called a spyder here in Australia) that bolts onto your 8 stud, with a bigger set of studs to take the Dually set up. You lock tight and torque these spacers on. It raises your SRW rating up about half way to a proper F-350 Dually GVM, but not all the way as it is only a spacer and studs.... (Weaker) It is also expensive to buy a set of seven off-set dually wheels as well.... And then the cost of the bed, mudflaps larger, on and on....

I would not do it where you are, change the truck out... If it were only a 4X2, maybe, but definitely not in a 4x4 as you would have to change out the front diff as well to minimum 410 gears like in my KR Dually... Look, facts are trucks are cheap and common where you are, not rare as hens teeth and EXPENSIVE like here in Oz.. So, while that is the mechanics of doing it, I would say do not bother, sell your truck and buy the one you want is going to be far cheaper, far better, far less hassle......

Regards from the lone Ranger in Oz...
Old 12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
i honestly think it would be diffecult and expensive!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.