Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Louder turbo?

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  rednekexprez 
#1 ·
Had a question for ya,

I heard a 6.0 behind me yesterday and at a stop sign and I could hear his turbo at idle...when he drove away it sounded like a jet. how do you get your turbo to be that loud? Im sure he has a different one but I have an 07 6.0 and would love it to sound like that

Any ideas on how I could achieve that?

Thanks!

#8 ·
you may be able to simply "bolt on" an oh3 exhaust side compresser wheel I think it is. If you could then you would get some good whistle out of a stock garret vgt.

#13 ·
I second that with the MBRP duals. The whistle is there from idle until the engine roars. A real quality kit

#9 ·
get's me excited! I can't wait to get my exhaust on.

#10 ·
Pick up an 03 turbo for the loudest, an 04 is a close 2nd sometimes. OR if you wanna go aftermarket route and have a little bit more power than stock- a VGT-SS from Elite, or save a few dollars (a bunch of dollars) and pick up the Hypo-Turbo from Industrial Injection through Discount Power Parts. Identical part, different name, LOUD whistle :thumb:

#14 ·
I also would like to hear more turbo!!!the stacks sound good but I would like to hear the wind down like a big truck when I shift...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.