Did anyone else receive class action settlement for 6.0's? - Page 16 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Eddy View Post
I have no loyalty to FoMoCo.

OK that they didn't take a bailout - when GM and everyone else did... that was the decent/right thing to do, for US Taxpayers.

Why no loyalty to FoMoCo then?

Coz when I paid $82500.00 for my 2004 F 250 7.3 Brazil built, plain Jane non lariat, rubber floor mats, unheated seats, F250 truck in 2006 with 60,000 miles - FORD sold me a FoMoCo "Extended Warranty" for another $2.5K.

So when My IDM under the left fender went out - and it only ran on 4 cylinders - there was NO FoMoCo dealer within 600 miles in any direction. (The local one had gone under & there was no replacement dealer at the time).

Ford said yes - to having local diesel repairers do the work on their behalf under the extended warranty.

It took 3 different repairers and 8 months without my truck and about $15,000 to find the fault and supply a new IDM controller ex USA to get it to run again!

I had to buy and supply the repairer over $1000 worth of diagnostics program and dongle thingy - for the repairer to diagnose the faults, (That they kept/stole from me, after completing the work).

When I went to collect my truck after 8 months....

Ford refused to honor the Ford extended warranty, and I had to pay the whole ~$15K note to get my truck back - in the end I had to call the police to get the repairer to release the truck to me , when I threatened to prefer theft charges against them both (Repairer and Ford).

The repairer got the go ahead from Ford under the ford extended warranty before repairs were carried out but they reneged when time came to pay up.

Ford are the biggest bunch a scum sucking pond slime that ever existed, and I hope they go to the wall.

For fricks sake there was a safety recall on the CPS - and to this day Ford have never contacted me to bring the truck in for the CPS replacement. When I tried to buy one their spare parts guy quoted me over $700 to buy a OEM replacement part - when the recall one is s'posed to be worth $20. Mine still has the unsafe original in it.

There are days I wish I could buy an RPG - I'd happily launch it into my local Ford dealership.

I hope these lawyers bankrupt Ford. I really do - you can't hate a company more than I hate Ford.

I can guarantee you for as long as I live not me or anyone else in my extended family down to my great grandchildren if I can swing it - will ever buy another Ford built product as long as I or they live.

Me and Ford are like the Hatfields and the McCoys.... I don't care how long it takes - I want to exact revenge on them one day, at a time and place, and in a manner suitably egregious, of my choosing.

Screw Ford and everyone in their company's board of directors and management and dealerships owners.

The world would be a better place without FoMoCo in it, in my experience.

They have no ethics, no morals, and no honor.

To me they are already dead. All that awaits now is the funeral and burial.

Whoever heads Ford Australia should be summarily sacked along with all his staff.

That is all.
This class action doesn't concern you. While you have a 2004 you have a 7.3 not the 6.0 and the 6.0 is what the class action suit is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
BANNED

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
How many a year would one need to convert ship and sell in order to make a decent living?

Say theres $50K upside in each one - split between 2 partners one in USA and One in Oz - ($25k ea) and you sell say 10 a year!

$250K each per annum!

I could live on that!

Heck I could live on half of that!
If it were that easy, there would be a reality show about doing it.. While it sounds like a bread and butter gig, I HIGHLY doubt it would be quite as easy as you make it sound.

I'll be sending in my opt out letter this week..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM

F Truck Rednecks Downunder! Yi Yi Yi - Ch 7 Mate.

That's not so dumb you know!

And

On the opposite side of the this pizza to me - someones already doing it!

Ford Superduty - Right Hand Drive Conversion feature. - YouTube

Lookin' easy enough to me!.

Easy Beer Money if you ask me?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:

That's not so dumb you know!

And

On the opposite side of the this pizza to me - someones already doing it!

Ford Superduty - Right Hand Drive Conversion feature. - YouTube

Lookin' easy enough to me!.

Easy Beer Money if you ask me?
I'm sure there are people doing it, while making good money.. I'm just saying that I don't think the business is as cut and dry as what you might think. I would think there would be massive amounts of red tape and legalities that come into play when two people just decide to start exporting/importing vehicles for profit.. But, there again, I know nothing about importing/exporting goods....
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM

I am

I am sure your 100% right - there will likely be import duties or luxury taxes, and the registration licensing will be frought with issues too.

Unless the vehicle is stock standard (i.e. unmodified) - it likely won't meet ADR (Australian Design Rules) for use here which will make getting a compliance plate problematic. The examiners do exhaust gas emissions testing to ensure it complies with clean air regulations etc.

That's where they buying has to be judicious... not to say we can't buy one that's modded, just that it might have to be "unmodded" and the mods equip shipped in the tray - and once licensed registered here - owners can then modify their vehicles - wit things like lift kits etc etc so the gear shipped in the tray could be added back on here after registration licensing and the truck still sold with the mods.

There will be hoops to jump thru - I will make some inquiries with the customs / import people this end when the sun comes up today.

There will be a web site with all the details.

It can't be that hard - I know a few guys recently have been bringing in US big boys toys (Mustangs Harleys).

The last time our $ was near parity with the $US greenback (making US manufactured goods affordable to us) was back in 1976 of memory serves, so there's a whole generation of baby boomers here who grew up with US movies & have lusted after the products all their lives. Suddenly there's a window of opportunity where they are now affordable due to devaluation of the greenback by about 50% against our Aussie pacific peso.

I think I have found a co in the US that performs the LHD to RHD conversions. See what they say about the costs.

If you want to do volume (i.e. more than 3 a year)you have to be a licensed 2nd hand car dealer, which then involves all manner of duty's & import taxes / luxury car tax etc. It used to be worse before our 2 country's signed the free trade agreement - that's eliminated a lot of the trade tarrif taxes and fees.

It will be an interesting learning exercise even if nothing comes of it at the end of the day.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did anyone else receive class action settlement for 6.0's?

I have a buddy that moved back to the Gold Coast from Cali and he converted his mustang to RHD and shipped back and it was like $10-15k I believe. Pretty nuts. But his logic is even After that he could double what he had in it if he sold jst because V8s were just so rare over there

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM

Yep

We have a few V8s around but not Mustangs.

I did a search online for used mustangs Oz wide - among a population of ~23Million - there are only about 60 Mustangs available for sale....

SOME US vehicles (F trucks among them) you can sell for a small fortune any day of the week.

A Mustang turns heads here!

They aren't a dime a dozen.

It might be more than a year or more since I saw one in traffic.

When you see one, you look - because its uncommon - appreciators will give a toot of the horn or a big thumbs up out the window, or flash their headlights in acknowledgement!

$13K for RH conversion is well within affordability for any US muscle car here.

Even your stock standard Harley Davidson M/bike here will bring 2 times its US value.

Unusual to see one listed second hand under $25K.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did anyone else receive class action settlement for 6.0's?

Ya he mentioned he was excited to take it back as he would turn all sorts of heads with it lol. Gave me the whole scoop on the vehicle situation over there

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.