By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Fluid - Help in selection - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Fluid - Help in selection

Hello all

Currently researching Oil BY-PASS filtration system for BOTH Engine oil & Transmission and wanted to get your / forum members experience / knowledge PLUS recommendation of an Engine Oil By-Pass system --- that if you were to purchase one today which one would you choose & why ?

-And as you all are surely aware many are offered on the open market

-Just to name a few
Amsoil Single
( AMK02 - Red colored unit )
For F250 Model Yr2006 Diesel 6.0 Auto transmission 5R110

Premo By-Pass

NOS Frantz

FleetGuard

Raycor ( OilGuard )

FS-2500 By-Pass

At present I am leaning heavily towards the FS-2500 By-Pass filtration system web link = fs2500.com

As always many thanks for your upfront experiences / recommendations / support in selecting By-Pass filtration system

ADDITION # 1 = I missed adding a statement that the FACTORY external transmission fluid front underneath Radiator would remain --- From what I have read this factory filter only capture the larger particles --- so the reason for my current research of another External that captures the finer particles

John from Colfax NC

Last edited by jwplunkett; 12-23-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking BY-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Fluid - Help in selection

Hello all
-Placed my order for By-Pass filtration system today ( Engine & Transmission )
-After a lengthy discussion with FS2500.com point of contact ( POC ) Randy Fields
-Randy took the time to go over every detail / question that I had
-Now try to find any other Vendor that would do that in todayís fast paced world
-Plus Randy returned my e-mail inquiry
-Again customer focused on satisfying even a small fish like me
-I also appreciated his straight forward approach
-Tell it like it is without all of the marketing hype
-I am a technical type of person and need to view the technical details to back-up the Marketing claims
-Also selected FS-2500 due to fact this is their Core business ( Filtration Systems )
-They started with the heavy equipment buyers and branched into the Diesel market after one of the Heavy equipment buyers processed a large order and desired / requested Randy and the technical Team develop a By-Pass filtration system / product for the 50 diesel Vehicles they were purchasing new
-Also liked the independent oil analysis labs performing same --- NOT in house
-Plus it is NOT based on the Toilet paper or paper towel method of filtration --- its based on a propriety patent filter that they also make in house and have total quality control over --- no passing the buck --- They take in from soup to nuts
-The same filter in universal ( Engine & Transmission ) so donít have to stock up on different filters. ---- now the Kits ( Engine & Transmission ) are unique to each vehicle --- plus they ask you what oil currently using and provide you a Baseline then implement the FS-2500 and follow the oil analysis program of your choosing --- they have one that offer thru an outside test lab --- but I didnít get any pressure from Randy if I chose to go with any other Testing laboratory
-As we all are fully aware the automotive industry doesnít want any consumer type vehicle ( Like an F250 Diesel ) to run without failure --- They are in the business to sell us a replacement vehicle plus to service our vehicles so they desire failures.

-So in closing respectfully requesting all forums members that view this e-mail thread
-To conduct your own detailed investigation comparing all other competitors By-pass filtration systems to the FS-2500 --- based on the technical information I have been able to gather from all offerings I personally believe the FS-2500 is the best as of todayís date
-New advancements will continue to take place
-I point blank inquired with Randy about this very subject
-A year or so down the road if the FS2500 team comes up with a better filter ---will be compatible with the system I purchased today --- The answer was yes the technical team makes every effort to design backward compatible products
-Plus provide enhancements to existing product like the Filler tube return versus the Oil pan
-Then report back to Forum with your conclusion
-In my humble viewpoint we have an investment to protect
-So the dollars spent upfront will provide ROI at resale to potential buyer
-Or if potential buyer doesnít view the need I will remove system and transfer to NEW vehicle
-Plus if I desire to keep truck and run it well over 250K miles
-I know that I have done all steps to increase my chances of doing so
-Without major Engine or Transmission failures
-Just my two cents worth
-Hopefully other Forums members will benefit from this thread / subject matter
-Its all about our collective sharing of information freely that makes all the difference

Many thanks in advance
John from Colfax NC
Old 12-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Post By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Fluid - Help in selection

Hello all

Missed adding statement on my earlier web forum submitttal
-Another factor that I considered into equation prior to making my final selection of By-Pass filtration system was FS2500.com has been in the Filtration only business ( Core product line ) for 13 yrs
-Plus they make enhancements to existing product line
-Backward compatible new filters in future

Totally don't mean to sound like a sales rep for FS2500 --- but I researched all BY-Pass filtrations systems currently on market and it's hands down FS2500 was the best plus had the independent technical data to back it up with

Hope this helps other Forum members

It's all about freely sharing of our thoughts / experiences that make any web forum valuable / powerful .... and I totally find this web forum of tremendous value

Thanks in advance as always for your return web submittal's -- both positive and negative --- collectively we need to uncover them all so we can make informed decisions .

Wishing all a great upcoming New Year holiday

John from Colfax NC

Last edited by jwplunkett; 12-30-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Filtration Sys

Figured I would add following to earlier e-mail forum thread

Per the FS2500 CD they mention Oshkosh Trucks implementing the FS2500 filtration system.

Now Oshkosk Trucks is a CUSTOM facility that takes the best parts from a wide variety of manufacturers / vendors ( Engines, Transmissions, Axles, etc and then custom design's & assemble the required product for client -- without doubt I am most certain they conducted their own internal in-depth engineering analysis and then select products best suited for each unique project.

One of those clients is the US Military and being I have a Military background plus worked on certifying material within the commercial sector to be allow to be installed aboard US Navy ships I have first hand experience the testing the product must go thru ( MIL-SPEC testing Shock, Vibration, High & low Temp, Humidity etc ) and must gain certification to be authorized to be even allow to offer / market product to client --- The MIL-SPEC testing is an extreme testing program.

Now I don't know what FS2500 had to do to get their filter systems authorized to be installed on Truck Vehicles -- but just knowing that they have been selected over the other manufacturers speak's for itself.

Only the best for our Men & Women in uniform protecting our great nation and interests abroad --- when I learn of this fact that was the final nail that I needed in my selection of FS2500 --- plus I like supporting any manufacturer that provides products to our US Military .

Take a look see at the Oshkosh Trucks web link
Cool web site
Oshkosh severe-duty trucks for defense, military, airport, municipal and concrete

John from Colfax NC
Old 12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Cynic

Holy crap dude. Most vendors are still on holiday!

I've just started researching this myself. Probably will take a month to make up my mind.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Cynic

Also, what price range are these filters?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Ole White

I interested in this also have researched alot on the FS-2500 just wondering who has one and how good has it worked is it as good as the testimonials say in Diesel Power and the FS-2500 website.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission Fluid - Help in selection

Hello all

FS2500 is currently offering a scratch / minor exterior case Year End sales per my inquiry how to gain best pricing .

As you can appreciate Pricing depends on vehicle model
-However I would suggest purchasing the Scratch exterior case
-After a month of same underneath the vehicle you wont be able to tell difference
-Plus I would recommend gathering as many users and make a BULK purchase
-Without doubt volume always gets the better price -- I wish I would have thought about gaining others to go in with me and make the bulk purchase -- but live, learn and pass on knowledge to others for benefit
-The same filter is used in both applications ( Engine & Transmission ) By-Pass filtration kits --- recommend a Bulk purchase of them during initial buy -- I purchased Qty of 25 that will take me to 250K miles
-But each kit is custom specific to make and model Year
-I also upgraded to stainless steel hoses being this is a long term preventative maint item and will be on vehicle for years to come
-Plus selected the option of oil return via Filler tube versus the Oil drain pan -- I didn't care for the oil pan return --- with possibility of being damaged or worst yet broken off during 4 wheeling draining all Engine oil 6.0 wouldn't like that deal ---- ( This is an example of enhancement to existing product offering )

Hope this helps

Happy New Year to all

John from Colfax NC
2006 Model Yr. - F250 FX4 - Regular Cab Long Bed - Auto Trans - 6.0 Diesel – 14,500 miles as of 12/30/2007
Preventative Maintenance Junkie ( PMJ ) am I

Last edited by jwplunkett; 12-31-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

interested as well...bumpin it up for price info
Old 12-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksttac View Post
interested as well...bumpin it up for price info
He didn't/probably wouldn't say. I smell a dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.