Had to put my huevos between my legs today... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had to put my huevos between my legs today...

Hey Powerstroke Fans!

So today at one of our job sites we needed to pick up 3 pallets of bagged cement for one of our subcontractors. We decided to take my truck and make three separate trips. Each pallet weighed 3410 including pallet weight. As they put the skid into my truck bed I just cringed; now remember that I have a 6" Fabtech lift and 35" Toyo M/T Load Range E. I watched my truck just lower down to about the stock height the back used to sit. I immediately had them pull it off and we went back to the job site.

My Superintendent decided to call me out and took his truck which is a Dodge 1500 longbed with the V8 Magnum. I didn't hear from him for about 30 minutes and then I finally see him trudge into the job site with a huge smile on his face.

Now I couldn't believe it because I thought that there was no way in hell he could get that back to the job site (about 15 minutes away from home depot). As he got out he said that the guys at home depot asked where the other guy way (me), and he said that he had to "Go find where he left his nuts!!!"

So now that I got pwned, how much weight can I put into the bed of my truck with everything listed in my sig! I still have a chance tomorrow to redeem myself tomorrow by returning to pick up the other pallets. If it's any consolation after we took the skid out of his truck, his suspension never returned to the stock height in the back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Its up to you I would say that the 3400 lbs that you had in the back was max, to me maybe not others but anything more than that and you will be looking for truble, say a broken spring etc. Dont get me wrong im sure you could put more weight in their but i wouldnt....... Good luck
Old 12-22-2007, 05:16 PM

Ya thats about all you want, I've had that much in my F-250 couple times, wouldnt recommend you do it regulerly.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Wreck there trucks and keep yours nice.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
crap, I do that kind of stuff all the time, it always pops back up. Ive had same wieght then towed a skidsteer aswell, the truck just askes to be treated like that, and walks away smiling... I go threw alot of tierods and front end hardwear but its a work truck and work it will.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Wreck there trucks and keep yours nice.
I totally agree. I also agree with chase, but I'd rather mess up something on my truck doing something fun, like off-roadin' or anything of the sort. I'll let him have this round, but should he decide to want to go to the track, I'll make sure to make the .org proud
Old 12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
do you still have the factory springs in the back with just a block? because i have put over 4k pounds in the back of my bed ( a pallet of arizona flag stone) was close to 4500lbs with no problem at all.... just a pain in the rear getting it down... the back of the bed went down until it hit the overload spring..... ill be adding some 300psi air bags as soon as i get off my a$$ and weld the brackets in place....
Old 12-22-2007, 05:53 PM

You could get a flatbed. It used to haul around Bobcats on the bed.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Its over the gvrw of the truck by way more than 600 pounds.
If you broke it...could you count on the supr to fix it?
If you were ticketed ,would the supr take care of the ticket?
If you got into an accident ...the legal problems,no matter who caused the accident ,could be nasty and haunt you for years.
The gain, for taking the risk would have been what?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveSoccrMoms15 View Post
I totally agree. I also agree with chase, but I'd rather mess up something on my truck doing something fun, like off-roadin' or anything of the sort. I'll let him have this round, but should he decide to want to go to the track, I'll make sure to make the .org proud
Dude,
your truck is WAY TO NICE to be putting that crap in it! I would put it in mine, but then again mine is a 2WD DUALLY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.