Reflash, Superchips, etc. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reflash, Superchips, Vibration etc.

So I had taken the truck into the dealer to see if they find my idle vibration problem. They reflashed it to the latest calibration for free. Didn't solve the vibration problem. They suggested I check that my exhaust was tight/ not bound up. I told them, it's tight as a drum, welded, with new hangers, and I neutralized it and it's not touching anything. It's not the exhaust MAN! Tech scratched his head, shrugged and said, 'no codes, so I can't do anything, have a nice life'.

--->So I took it home I had de-installed my Superchips tuner before the dealer and went to upload it again and voila! Now that they reflashed it I get this message "YOUR VEHICLE NOT SUPPORTED, USE CODE E-36, CALL SUPERCHIPS". So not only did the dealer not solve my problem, but thanks to a reflash, my tuner is now worthless to me (I'm SELLING it anyway to make room for an SCT, but I wanted to use it one last time, you know?)

Anyhow, I went through the truck with my wrenches and checked as many bolts as I could get to under the hood and under the truck. Nothing loose. The vibration is very noticeable at idle, I am NOT hallucinating, and can be felt in the following locations: dash, bedliner/bumper cover, front tires???

Do the front tires on anyone else's truck have a noticeable vibration at idle? Could my pedestal mounts be loose??? Pinpointing this is such a *****.

Last edited by DieselViking; 12-20-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

I had the same problem with my 05. If you want to use the programmer again on your truck you have to write the codes on the programmer, send the codes along with the programmer to Superchips in Florida and they will reprogram it for free, you pay for shipping it there. Mine was $12 when I did that. Its a PITA. I sent once and now have to send it again. I don't know if all programmers are like this.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:00 AM

Just what newt said, and if you don't have the original sales recipt they will take a copy of your Ford work order as proof of the change too. That happened to me with my Superchips before I changed to SCT. You will need to call first to techsupport.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks. I will look into it. If I sell the Superchips first I won't need to worry about it. Just don't know how soon I'll be getting the SCT, hopefully very soon I am at such a loss over this vibration issue. My exhaust is tight as a drum. It is NOT the dang exhaust. I wish the truck would just throw a code so I could be done with it. What do I have to remove to get to the pedestal bolts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.