Determined.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Determined....

So i have a 2003 f250 crew short bed diesel 2wd which i recently installed a 6 inch pro comp lift with 35's toyo m/t's and 20 inch kmc rockstars, and now i want to go higher. Unfortunately there are only two companies out there that make 6 inch lifts, which is the highest i have found for a 2wd, out there. I am determined to go higher without buying a 4wd or getting a body lift, please let me know if you know any small company that has made a bigger lift for one of these or anyone that has one already done. If there is a shop out there that is interested in building me a custom lift, hit me up!!!!

I know the odds are not in my favor on this one, but like i said im determined, love my truck and dont ever use 4wd so dont see the point in paying extra for it.

Thanks!!!
Brandon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

I dont know where you live but around here in SW ohio we have a place called Dent Spring, which specialize is suspension for stock or lifted/lowered vehicals. And I had a buddy who had a 2 wheel truck(dodge i think) that couldn't get any bigger then like 4 inches or something lift but he went there and had them make him springs and it was cheaper then even buying a 4 inch lift. Just an idea you might want to look into, if you have any suspension shops near you.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:15 PM

i live in california, but thats a good idea just go to a spring shop and have them make me some, i am just not sure if i will then have to get some other parts made as well. Some one told me they dont go any higher because it messes up the alighnment, but i dont see that as being true. My guess is because its more that the demand isn't there yet.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
where in cali bro.... their is a place down here that can make you a kit.... we had one made for my buddies f-150.. its a 18" lift..... but its not gonna be cheap... depending on how much higher you want to go your prob looking at anywhere from 4k-8k for a kit
Old 12-16-2007, 07:33 PM

right now im in northern california for about two more weeks and then im moving to san diego. 4k dont seem to bad i knew this was going to be expensive but i want to have something that is different and no one has, doesnt seem like it should be that much though i mean since i have the coils in the front and all and all i need is to buy some deaver springs for the back, but then again i dont do this for a living.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

how high exactly you looking to go?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:44 PM

I honestly would be satisfied if i could just get it to the height of a 4wd with a 6 inch or 8 inch lift. This is my daily driver so i dont want it too high, but right now its not high enough 8 would be awesome so basically like another 3-4 inches, it would be awesome if they could add on to the pro comp.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider25 View Post
I honestly would be satisfied if i could just get it to the height of a 4wd with a 6 inch or 8 inch lift. This is my daily driver so i dont want it too high, but right now its not high enough 8 would be awesome so basically like another 3-4 inches, it would be awesome if they could add on to the pro comp.
not sure if they can add to the pro comp.. it will prob be a whole new kit... also a better way to do this is straight axle your front end and put some leafs their..... it would prob be the easiest too....
Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

With i beams in the front the higher you go the more positive camber the tires will have.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
With i beams in the front the higher you go the more positive camber the tires will have.

Does that make the front end weaker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.