Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Diagnostic mode...

13K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SixOhRich69 
#1 ·
Not sure if that's what it is called or not. But anyway, when you press and hold the trip/reset button in the instrument cluster and it displays the codes in the mileage readout screen, does anyone have a resource that I can use to know what each reading is? As I cycle through by pressing the trip/reset button I don't know what each read out is for. I tried searching but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

#2 ·
That's news to me never knew it does that...I'll check mine out tommorow....trucks running or off?

#3 ·
this is for the ic panel only. these codes are hex codes for the different display patterns and gauges! basically a proveout

#6 ·
GAGE - Carries out gauge sweep of all gauges, then displays the present gauge values. Also carries out the check sum test on ROM and EEPROM.

All segments illuminated.
Illuminates all odometer segments.

bulb
Illuminates all micro-controlled lamps and LEDs.

r ####
Returns to normal operation of all micro-controlled lamps and LEDs and displays hexadecimal value for ROM level (used when requesting assistance from the hotline).

nr####
Displays hexadecimal ROM level and type as stored in non-volatile memory (NVM).

EE ##
Displays hexadecimal value for EE level (used when requesting assistance from the hotline).

dt ####
Displays hexadecimal code for the final manufacturing date.

###C
Gas engines display last temperature gauge input value from SCP, temperature gauge will indicate present temperature. Diesel engine displays present temperature analog/digital input in decimal as a ratio, temperature gauge will indicate present temperature.

dtc ####
Displays a 16 bit DTC in hexadecimal format. DTCs displayed are those detected in continuous operation not during self-test.

EnG
Displays English speed value being input, speedometer will indicate present speed.

m
Displays metric speed value being input, speedometer will indicate present speed.
tAc Displays the tachometer value being input to the instrument cluster. Tachometer will indicate present rpm.

FUEL
Displays the present analog/digital fuel level being input to the instrument cluster as a ratio.

OIL
Displays the last analog/digital reading of the oil pressure switch contact resistance, oil gauge will indicate present level.

br
Displays the brake fluid level in an analog/digital ratio value.

bAt ##.#
Displays present battery analog/digital voltage.

rhEo
Displays present hexadecimal pulse width modulation (PWM) dimming input.

rhi, rhS, rho
Alternating 1 second display of pulse width modulation (PWM) input duty cycle, SCP hexadecimal dimming step, output driver counts in hexadecimal.

Cr
RUN/START sense circuit check.

PA, Pb, PC, and Pd
Displays 8-bit hexadecimal value for the Port A, B, C, and D readings (used when requesting information from the hotline).

PE0-PE7
Displays 8-bit hexadecimal value for the Port E0-Port E7 in analog/digital readings

#7 ·
The hours are in there too but if you have an 03-04 then your truck doesn't record engine hours.

#10 ·
I know for sure it doesn't read on my 04 but it is there just says 0000. My brother inlaws ex shows it though.

#12 ·
Mine shows it...miles..trip...hours ...press the stick for it to cycle

#13 ·
Is this for a gas engine? My dash diagnostic is very different.
all gauges flip back and forth
bulb(all bulbs light up)
PF 3334
SF OEO4
19n1bulb
r 0103
nr 0103
EE 01
dt 6b96
Cf 1 30
Cf 2 00
Cf 3 00
Cf 4 00
Dtc 9352
Dtc 9318
Dtc 5284
Eng 000
r1c 000
tAC0000
F 067
FP 038
063 C
Oil 234/233 back and forth
057 tf
br 000
Batt 13.0
Rheo 00
Prnd 40
PAr o
Door 80
Stbt b
Che 02
Pa 80
Pb13
Pe 1c
P6 24
Ph 8a
Pp98
Ps 8f/9f
Pt 25
Pcan 1f
Ado 000
Ad1 255
Ad2 255
Ad3 000
Ad4 153
Ad5 255
Ad6 167
Ad7 044
——————-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.