Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FICM Tunes with Custom Tunes

953 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  colo_dually 
#1 ·
So question.... How much more power does the Hercules 100 or Atlas 80 FICM tunes add on top of the custom tunes? How much power (rough estimate) would I be putting to the ground by tuning the FICM along with the custom tunes on the SCT? What other advantages does the FICM tuning add over the custom tunes?

Still a little newer to the 6.0L world so I'm still trying to learn bout these trucks like I did with the 7.3

Thanks!

#2 ·
Peak power isn't going to move much. This is due to how the FICM tuning matches up with the FICM. Where the figures for the Atlas80 and Herculeas (Altas100), are compared to stock programing on both modules. When you combine the two, most of the changes cancel eachother out.

Roughly you're looking at 430-440RWHP realistically combining FICM with ECM tuning. A lot of which will depend your ability to deliever fuel, and have the turbo maximize boost with a particular tune.

The tuners have stated, and I feel its very realistic, to keep the FICM tuning down to the +20-40RWHP range, and allow the ECM tuning to make the most of your power. Where the FICM tuning shines is down low in the power band, so I recommend finding a tune combination that allows that to light your turbo, and match it with a solid ECM file to produce the most usable power for your specific driving style and application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.