Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Insight CST question

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  yfzjim 
#1 ·
What all do I need to add fuel pressure to my CST?

#2 ·
Pressure sensor expansion

#3 ·
I think he is looking for someone to post the actual parts he needs. I would be interested in this also.

#5 ·
And what do you put the sensor in?

#6 · (Edited)
Sensor will go in place of the test plug on the front of the fuel bowl. You will also need a m12x1.5 oring to 1/8" adapter. I put a 1/8" 90* after the adapter for a little bit more clearance. Strictly Diesel has a kit to relocate the sender with a hose.

I didn't use the a relocate kit because it is temporary, I am getting ready to build my own fuel system and R R.

#7 ·
I already have the edge egt probe but its not the expandable one. Do I have to replace this also?

#8 ·
Yes you do if you want to use both.

#9 ·
I'm not going to lie. $300 for a few wires and 1 sensor is a little high for me.

#10 ·
Good to know its possible though. When my Banks stuff quits working (hopefully a long time from now) I'll be going with that setup for monitoring.

#11 ·
300 is a lot for all that stuff but its worth it edge makes quality stuff

#12 ·
Just made a few offers on ebay. Might get lucky and get them both for around 220. Will post up if I do to spread the info.

#13 ·
Keep us posted!

#14 ·
I agree with the too pricey portion of adding fuel psi. As much as I like my CTS, it is a bit more costly to have everything monitored in one spot. Having said that, I have the expandable egt which isnt a bad price, but after seeing I need two parts for fuel, adding up to almost $300, I have been thinking about a steering column gauge just for fuel and the rest on my cts. This way its still a somewhat clean install, I get to keep my oh sh!t handle, and its slightly cheaper.

#16 ·
want to trade your expandable for my non expandable egt probe and some cash?

#15 ·
I'm struggling with how to do a fuel pressure gauge with my current setup. I could get the single pod that mounts below the OMG handle, but I'd have to move my Banks IQ and its awesome where it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.