Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bought Another Truck. 2003 F 250

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Galaxie 
#1 ·
Gasser but figured what the heck.... I will post it up anway. So, 93k on her. Different springs (sits about 2" higher than my leveled 06 F350). 4x4, runs, drives, ready for work and beatings.

I have a slight miss, if you know about these, any help would be great!

Miss issue: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ford-gassers/326730-03-5-4-miss-fire-questions.html#post4005274

By the way..... It has a hydo pump with controls, lines, and Western plow mount if anyone needs that stuff.

See less See more
#3 ·
its funny.... the rust looked WAY WORSE than it was. Since these pictures it has all been scubbed, acid washed, primed and painted. There were NO weak spots underneith. And the bed is newer so the rails were all still Grey.

Yea, it will be a GREAT work truck, concert truck, and woods truck. I have a few very dirty jobs lined up for the spring where I would be worried about taking my baby.....no more worry.

I got a very good deal on this one. I was NOT in the market for another truck and really I have no time to play with it. But at the price, couldnt pass up a driving 4x4 superduty with a hitch!

#4 ·
Nice find Colin,, I can't think what you miss would be, how many miles on the truck?

#5 ·
I would look into the plugs/coils for your miss issue. Especially if it is worse or only happens under a load or while power braking it slightly. Check compression while you have the plugs out also. Looks like somebody tried to clean the engine bay. Maybe they got some water down in the spark plug holes.

#6 ·
Get this spark plug talk outta here

#7 ·
Haha. Thanks, ya got her cheap! Low miles. 90k. NOT the plug or COP. Thinking injector at this point!

#10 ·
I will check the injector, nope, I should have check compression but didnt. Its weird because it TOTALY goes away once its warm and I beat on it. When I get home tonight I will pop a new injector in.

Sorry for the gasser talk! haha

#11 ·
Have you scanned it? See what codes are stored and check the fuel trims. I'm assuming that it is only one cylinder misfiring? Do that compresion check when you're in there. It could be a valvetrain issue causing a sticking valve or something. Maybe put a vacuum gauge on it and see what the needle is doing. Post up your results as now I'm curious what it will turn out to be!

#14 ·
haha! The Lightning.... she is BONE STOCK save for tinted windows. :) Cherry....

#16 ·
Only getting codes for #1.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.