Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

please help P0148 fault code...possible ficm issue???

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sinner6.0L 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys cold started my 06 6.0 the other night and it ran like hell rpms were jumping all over the place smoking like crazy, did this for a minute and all at once came out of it and ran normal. started it the next morning and it did the same thing, i dont notice my ficm voltage going below 48 volts my fuel psi is good, ive never had any issues with bad fuel from the 2 places i always get fuel, i use ford anti gel, truck seems to run good otherwise, maybe hazes a little more than normal on idle, i run looney wild for my tune, ive ran it for years with no issues with it prior, ive never had any issues with this truck, my insight shows 2 codes P1000 (which i always have for some reason and cannot clear) and P0148 which ive never had before, i cannot clear either of these codes, i hooked up my mac mentor to get a little better idea of whats going on and come up with the same thing, i cant clear them with that either that also shows i have a U1900 code but i think that is from a fuse i removed the other day with the key on. I came home tonight and cold started it and it started fine but still cannot clear the codes... any ideas, ive done some reasearch but am not coming up with anything. thanks in advance guys

#2 ·
In all seriousness I've never run across anything even close to what P0148 describes.

If you can return it to stock and try again. just from reading the PCED it seems the code may be caused by cam or crank sensor noise. Intially that makes me think engine harness or possibly CMP but I'm not sure. To clear the codes manually you can try disconnecting the batteries too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.