Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Unexplained heater hose and T

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jtw05d 
#1 ·
On my 6.0 there is a heater hose and T running from the passenger side heater hose, over the engine and T's into the heater hose that runs under the degas tank. Any ideas what that is for. Does not seem to be a factory part to me.

While my wife was driving last week, that passenger side T broke and overheated the truck. I wonder if I can remove that whole line.

#2 ·
Might have had a coolant filter that was removed. A hose like that was not factory on my '04.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

#4 ·
It does not tap the degas. I don't know how to post a picture but I'll try. I am going to install a coolant filter today and try to figure out why my turbo stopped working

#5 ·
That hose normally goes from the passenger side, to the firewall, it's the heater core supply line. (If you look at the firewall, the heater hose connection further to the passenger side.) Usually people put a 't' in it for an aftermarket coolant filter. You may or may not have a heater control valve in your heater hoses. How does your heater work? Putting out heat? Follow the hose from the firewall and see where the hot coolant is being supplied. It may have been modified to come off the oil cooler on top of the engine. Pictures would answer everything for us.

#6 · (Edited)

In the top image, you can see the hose run along the air intake and the second image is the splice under the degas tank

#8 ·
Thanks. I just got my sinister Diesel filter kit today and am putting it on. I'm going to remove that extra hose and see what happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.