Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Something weird with my oil pressure

857 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmyv13 
#1 ·
Cold started my truck today (that's another story) and let it warm up to about 110 before I started easing toward town. When I got to the 1st stop sign I had to wait for cross traffic to clear. Temp was at 130 oil and 120 coolant. While it was sitting there idling the buzzer went off and "low oil pressure" was the message. I looked at the stock gauge and it wasn't registering anything. No noise or any other sign of low OP. I bumped the throttle and the gauge instantly went up to normal. The truck did this twice more before it finally reached the normal 180 temperature. Haven't been able to duplicate this anomaly since. Any ideas, thoughts, or dissertations?

Thanks!

k

#2 ·
Has to be a bad sensor or wiring problem, the truck won't run without te oil pump working.

#5 ·
Be careful pulling that sending unit. They tend to seize in there, pulling the threads with them. You're better off attempting it with a warm engine. Have a 7/16 x 20 tpi bolt about 3/4" long standing by as an emergency fix. PM me if you lose the threads....no need to pull the oil cooler cover if that happens.

#6 ·
Should I wait to see what happens? It worked fine the rest of today after the truck warmed up. Or should I get the stuff together to fix it ASAP? Part numbers?

THANKS to all of you!

k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.