Injectors gone bad.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors gone bad....

Another question for everybody here... A few weeks ago I noticed that my truck was acting a little weird while driving down the highway, usually when going a constant 65-70 mph. It feels like it loses power for a split second and then regains power, almost making a SLIGHT chugging feeling. I thought it might have to do with the new tunes that I got from DJ's right before I started noticing the problem and was planning on switching from the street tune to the eco tune to see if the problem persisted. I have not had a chance to switch the tunes yet, but I just talked to a buddy of mine who has an 06 6.0 with the same amount of miles as mine (47,000) and he had his truck in for the same kind of problem and they told him that his injectors were bad. I guess my question is, are my injectors going bad in my truck as well??? I do have the SCT livewire with DJ's tunes like I said, and actually just had my truck in a week or so ago for what I was told was leaky head gaskets which turned out to be just a leaky oil filter. But I did take my SCT out for about 3 days before I took the truck in and cycled the keys as many times as possible and the dealer never discovered my tuner. I am just worried that if it is a major problem like the injectors that they may be able to detect the tuner???? I know this is really long but any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks a lot guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

if you have faulty injectors that is no reason for them to suspect your tuner all of a sudden.

first thing i would do is flash the truck back to stock and drive it around for a few days and see if the problem goes away. also make sure you warm the truck up well before driving , it is cold out and injectors act weird when cold anyway. my truck is more cold blooded when i run a really powerful tune...

or it could be your tune... (is this the part where i sing matt's praises because i have to do it in every post for some reason )
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's possible that one or more injectors are faulty, but not all at the same time. The 6.0's do have some injector problems, but like was already suggested, you should try switching back to stock and see if it does it.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvTitan View Post
if you have faulty injectors that is no reason for them to suspect your tuner all of a sudden.

first thing i would do is flash the truck back to stock and drive it around for a few days and see if the problem goes away. also make sure you warm the truck up well before driving , it is cold out and injectors act weird when cold anyway. my truck is more cold blooded when i run a really powerful tune...

or it could be your tune... (is this the part where i sing matt's praises because i have to do it in every post for some reason )
Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Hey Richard,

It sounds like you have a hesitation. A hesitation can be caused by alot of things, like your oil. When was the last time you changed your oil? Your fuel filters. When was the last time you changed your fuel filters? A hesitation can also be caused by your turbo veins sticking, your hpop going back or you could have one or two injectors going bad. Go back to stock and drive the truck around for a while before you go to the dealership so it will register a code.

As far as detecting whether a programmer was on the truck, the only code they will see is the keep alive memory code. If you're questioned about it, your friend told you if you disconnect the batteries it would reset the computer and maybe take care of the problem.

When you get a chance PM me what you were running before you got tunes from us last month and how many miles on your truck. Let us know how it goes at the dealership. Remember, if you get reflashed, you need unlock your box before loading tunes.

DJ
Old 12-13-2007, 10:44 AM

Vivian just corrected me. You have a Livewire and don't need to unlock your box. It's only for the Xcal2. The X3 and Livewire unlock themselves. Figured I'd clear that up.

DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.