Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tool storage in the cab

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  racerx45 
#1 ·
So I've got a few random tools rolling around in the backseat. I need to clean up the backseat, I'd like to find a toolbox to keep my wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers and such in. I'd like to find something small enough to fit behind the back seat. Anybody have any clever ideas? I don't want to buy a new tool set since I just got a bunch of tools for christmas.

#2 ·
Check JC Whitney...if I recall, they had a huge selection of tool organizers for pick ups, to fit behind the seat. It's on my list of stuff to do as well.

#4 · (Edited)
I'll check it out.

You could find a case like the ones that come with tool sets or a bag. They have tool bags with places for things that would probably fit back there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I bought a small toolbox last night, not quite narrow enough to fit behind the seat.

***EDIT***
Found this one at Sears. I'll go check it out tomorrow
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-22in...0965119000P?prdNo=25&blockNo=25&blockType=G25

#5 ·
I have a soft craftsman bag that zips up with my stuff in it. I have rear captain's chairs and it is a pain to store anything behind them or under them... Sometimes I so wish I had a bench seat so I could put that tray underneath. My rear center console has a DVD player in it so it's now useless to use as storage. Now when I go shooting I have no good place to lay my shotgun besides out in the open.

#6 ·
Sears has a variety of small craftsman boxes. A couple of them are long slender boxes that work great for stashing in behind seats. I have one in my boat and one in the truck full of spare parts and tools. I have about as much stuff as you could possibly fit in a regular cab and none of it is in the way

#7 ·
I just bought the one I posted the link to from sears for $2.10. Apparently I had $9 in rewards points that were going to expire :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.