PROPER 2.5" Level kit- Pieced together - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PROPER 2.5" Level kit- Pieced together

Well I was bored, and curious about something. so I spent a little time researching "level" kits for the 05+. I pieced together what I would consider a PROPER 2.5" level kit. One thing to remember, a level F350 is 1.5" lower than a 4" lift kit. and if you have a F250, you have to get 4" blocks from ford along with U bolts, and get some rear, stock application F350 shocks.

-2.5" Coil springs. Rancho

-Caster correction. built into radius arms, bolt on, no mods. Rancho

-Track Bar bracket. Keeps the axle centered. Superlift, SkyJacker & TuffCountry for 2-3".

- +2.5" shocks. Everyone makes these. (Skyjacker Nitros my choice).

-Bump stop extensions. Rancho. (Included in Rancho radius arm kit along with Brake line brackets.)

That is what I'd consider a nice, proper 2.5" level kit for the 2005+ SD. It does what not one single kit on the market is addressing.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-11-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Talking

2 - 2.5 in. Suspension System with Nitro Shocks

For: 2006 Ford F-250 SUPER DUTY PICKUP XLT
Part Number: SKYF525K-N

Heavy Duty Repl. Front Sway Bar Is Recommended For Improved HandlingDesigned To Level Models w/Factory 1.875 in. Rear BlockLift Height Will Vary Depending On Factory Package OptionsOptional Track Bar Relocation Bracket
Suspension lifts are designed for the Ford owner who doesn't require a lot of lift, but wants an aggressive off-road look, a leveled stance, and clearance for those larger tires. The 2-2.5 in. suspension lift comes with full height Softride front coil springs, and new rear add-a-leafs. Each coil springs is preset and formed from 5160H Chromium alloy to ensure a higher tensile strength and longer life

2 - 2.5 in. Suspension System with Nitro Shocks
Looks pretty good to me. and $445.oo isnt a bad price
Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM

It's missing all the parts above I listed. That kit gives you spacers and add-a leaf. Missing the meat and potatoes. Track bar bracket, CASTER correction etc. It's not as simple as $100 spacers. I've run 2.5" spacers alone. drove like a turd. My post above addresses kits like the one you listed. Low budget turd kits. I priced out the kit as I have listed above to make it correct... in other words you have proper caster, the axle isn't pulled over to one side etc... $1,300 tops including F350 blocks & ubolts and Nitro shocks for the rear. so if you have an F350... minus the rear shocks, blocks & u bolts. More like $1,000.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-11-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Donahoe 2.5 kit

Ford Super Duty

Buy Now!

Product Search

Product List & App Guide (PDF)

Product Info (PDFs)

Product Releases

Installation Instructions

FAQs

Download Warranty Terms

Register Your Product

2.5" Leveling System
2005-2007 F-250/F-350 4WD
Part# 6-2500

Are you sick of the nose of your Ford Super Duty being lower than the rear? Our 2.5” Leveling System is a great way to level your F-350 Super Duty front to rear. The system’s components provide for better-than-stock ride quality and is perfect for the cost-conscious truck owner who wants a level truck and a smooth ride.

For F-250 applications, a 4" block can be used in place of your factory 2" block, in turn leveling the truck from front to rear, allowing use of DR Signature Series Rear Shocks.

Features:
50%increase in wheel travel
Less body-roll than stock truck
2 ”more travel from ride height to front bump stops
State-of-the-art dual-rate coil spring
Lifetime guarantee that coil springs won’t sag
Real world performance,mono-tube shocks fine-tuned for each application by Donahoe Racing engineers
Clears 305/75R17 tires
No change in towing capacity
No drive shaft modifications needed
Stock drive shafts are fully functional
100%Bolt-on system - no drilling,cutting or welding necessary for install
MADE IN THE USA – every bit of it!

$775.00 I belive their are a few guys on here that run this kit
Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM

yet again, kit does not state it includes caster correction & track bar correction. That's a high dollar shock, block & coil kit. I called almost every suspension company today to verify if they made Trackbar brackets or radius arm brackets or all new radius arms with caster correction built in. Only 3 companies really address these issues. Each company chose to address one of the isssues... i'm assuming for cost reasons. Let's buy a $50,000 truck and be cheap & cut corners on our suspension... we only drive on it... I guess theres no way around it. Companies are marketing level kits for cheap people. they talk about "cost effective way to level your truck!". Alright spanky, sign me up lol. Don't address issues such as caster, track bar axle centering etc. Hence the reason why my Sig says 4" Skyjacker kit. Addressed all issues and sits level. Back then I didn't think I could piece a kit together.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-11-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Yes it is I was just throwing these out their. I am surprized thats their isnt anyone out their that would make a kit like you said, becides the 4" kits but i guess thats the difference between a4" $1,200.00 kit a $450 2.5" kit I want to look into the liftkits more to see which is the best way to go, and in mass you cant go to high. I would love to go with kelderman their kits are top notch!!!! but huge$$$$
Do you have any pics of your truck with the 4" kit installed?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM

yes I have pics. PM me your Email. For me, a properly level F350 with 35's on the stock 20's would be my ideal set up. I use my truck for work. so the extra bed height is not really welcomed.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-12-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

|RANCHO|

close...
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 AM

Rancho kits are nice. the kit pictured on their site is their 4" and 6" kits. They're 2.5" kit comes with radius arms, 2.5" coils, bump extensions and brake line brackets. no track bar correction. but probly the best "kit" avail i'd say. Not to mention I love those Radius arms in blk!

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 12-12-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Rancho kits are nice. the kit pictured on their site is their 4" and 6" kits. They're 2.5" kit comes with radius arms, 2.5" coils, bump extensions and brake line brackets. no track bar correction. but probly the best "kit" avail i'd say. Not to mention I love those Radius arms in blk!
I had a hard time finding info. and part numbers on the Rancho 2.5" kit. Any links or p/n's that you know of? I could just buy that kit and then get the other items separately.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.